Thread: Big Camera gathering in Ontario

-Rob bigcameraworkshops.com Robert Skeoch's Avatar

Big Camera gathering in Ontario

You're Invited

In the west they have grand photo destinations like Point Lobos and Yosemite Valley, while in Ontario we have ..... Rattlesnake Point near Milton. OK so it might not be as great as Yosemite but it's still a great place for landscape shooters and an interesting area if you're part of the roots & rock crowd.
    I'm putting together an informal photo shoot for large format users in southern Ontario. If you use sheet film you're invited.
    The plan is to meet at Rattlesnake Point around 9am on Saturday July 23rd, take some photos and meet other LF photographers. If you're new to LF this will give you a chance to take some great photos and ask questions while in the field. If you have experience in LF this will give you a chance to take some great photos and offer advice.

Rattlesnake Point in part of the Niagara Escarpment and is owned by the Halton Conservation Area. The cliffs with their ancient gnarly cedars are only about 100 meters from the upper parking lot. You can get directions to Rattlesnake Pt at "www.conservationhalton.on.ca". There is fee of $4.50 per adult to enter the area.

Let me know if you're interested, or have suggestions to make this day work better.

-Rob Skeoch

Great idea, Rob. Count me in. I'll be coming from the High Park area in Toronto in case anyone’s interested in car pooling.
    Mark McCarvill
    The miracles of creative art lie not in particular materials and methods, but in the basic concepts involved. – Ansel Adams

Rob, I'm from western NY and would love to get together with some of my Canadian neighbors and LF shooters. I will definately put the date on my calendar. When do you have to know whether we are coming and what can we bring?

Great work Rob. Way to take the bull by the horns! Keep us posted, and I plan to make it.

so is this a BIG-CAMERA gathering, or a big CAMERA-GATHERING?