Thread: middle europe LFers...

not an junior member Janko Belaj's Avatar

middle europe LFers...

I have just been told that I will go on sort of business trip around middle Europe late this summer. I still don't know how long and how "wide" will that trip be, but I know that I will be in northern Italy, east Switzerland, west Austria (o.k., "Tirol" to be more precise), north-east Austria and Bavaria (south Germany). I will be shutting baroque wall paintings (decken malerei), probably all with Hasselblad, but my Tachihara will go with me for sure. In this very moment I have no idea if I will have some spare time (I believe I will) and if, I don't know how much. Anyway, I have to make my suggestion to the customer and to the organizer, and if any of you live in that area and would like to meet or maybe even organize a small excursion, let me know so I can make plans on time. That will be kind of stupid to spend few free days in one town while in some other I can meet someone.
    (oh yes, if anyone is comming on east Adriatic coast... I'm next month or so on island "Pag". Strating form this Sunday. vacation finaly ;-))

middle europe LFers...

Hi Janko, I will be in Italy in October which makes me think i will miss you of about a month or so.
    If you need informations , don't esitate to ask.
    Have fun.

middle europe LFers...

Janko, if you'll have time, you can visit a neighbor in Slovenia! I'm rather new in LF, but mountains are here to photograph with or without LF.

not an junior member Janko Belaj's Avatar

middle europe LFers...

Yes Domenico, October is probably to late for my trip. But who knows? This book, which I'm working on, is a several year project. More than 10 years in past and now we (my mother - historian of art and myself) are starting to see the end. More than 90% of domestic shots (pictures of some churches in Croatia and Slovenia are done: photographed, sketched, redrowed, reconstructed) and now I have to shot some comparison material. So, it is likely that I won't travel just once, but all of that depends on money we might get or might not...
    Marko: hello neighbor! Where are you located? I'm visiting several parts of Slovenia relatively regular (those closer to our borderline) so it might be possible for us to meet somewhere. I have few friends photographers in Slovenia - we have met on my site - fotozine.org...

middle europe LFers...

Hello, Janko!

I'm living half way between Ljubljana and Kranj. But if you are interested in mountains as well as border area, you are warmly welcome.

Marko

middle europe LFers...

Dear Janko,

There is also a German large format forum. The most postings are in German language but a lot of the photographers speek English as well.

André

http://forum.grossformatfotografie.de/