Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Calculating exposure corrections and timing exposure on you Android device

4x5 rookie

Re: Calculating exposure corrections and timing exposure on you Android device

Sorry, as of yet no plans for an iPhone version. Developing for Android is 25 usd once, while developing for iPhone is 100 usd/year, last time I checked. For an app I make for free and distribute for free, that is too much. Rather spend that money on film instead Perhaps I will make a webversion to solve this. Give me some time. I do this stuff in my spare time.

Roy

Ouch! Sorry Roy, foolishly, I didn't realise there was any cost involved in dealing with Apple. Silly me. ��

4x5 rookie

The web-app idea had me intrigued, so I started working on it last night. The weather was a bit iffy today, so now I have the UI working and now need to start porting the actual calculations. Will let you know when it is available for use.

Roy

Thanks for developing this app for Android, there is something for iOS as well and it`s a pity that there is no new development (Reciprocity Timer, a nice app). I understand the costs involved, and for sure it's easy if you are develoing a lot of apps. If you ever want to try the iOS route, there's room for improvement and a way to monetize the work done with the in-app purchases.

Would it not be good if there were some kind of upgrade from our 5th grade arithmetic so we did not need an app?

Edit: Make that 4th grade.

4x5 rookie

For those not using Android: a beta-version of the web-app is now online at http://inversoweb.printerattic.com. I'd love to hear your comments and experiences. It is completely clientside, so after loading, you shouldn't need wifi/internet connection. I don't have any other devices to test on, so if you find something strange let me know.

Roy

Nice idea - but I've never been able to read anything on the Android screen in the midday Arizona sunshinse.

4x5 rookie

Can imagine. Over here it suffices to just turn up the screen brightness a bit, but we get more clouds than we get sunshine ;-).

Roy

"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig."

seezee at Mercury Photo Bureau
    seezee on Flickr
    seezee's day-job at Messenger Web Design

4x5 rookie

Quote Originally Posted by seezee View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion, seezee. Looks like one of many variations on the same theme. Something similar is described in Beyond Monochrome. It works well for bellows extension compensation, but not for reciprocity failure.

Many roads to Rome.

Roy