Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Calculating exposure corrections and timing exposure on you Android device

Re: Calculating exposure corrections and timing exposure on you Android device

Roy, thank you for this! It's awesome, and you offering it for free is fantastic!

This app is brilliant. Use it for every shoot when bellow extensions or reciprocity is needed.
    If I could I'de spend a beer :-)
    Btw. I yet only use Fomapan 100 and your maths work perfect for this rural films.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    Since I use an iPhone, so I remember that 1:1 needs 2 stops, 1:2 needs 1 stop, ¼ life size needs ½ stop so I don't use a phone to calculate it. I just put a ruler in the scene and measure how big 1" on the ruler is on the go and then use the above corrections.
    Hello Bob, does this work for any focal lenght ?

Just found this. Simple and quick . I like it!

4x5 rookie

Good to hear it is of good use! If you are using an iPhone or other non-Android device, you can also give the web version a try at http://inversoweb.printerattic.com/. It has the same reciprocity functions implemented, but is a bit limited in functionality. For example, I have implemented the countdown timer for longer exposures, but not the countdown sounds (yet).

Roy

4x5 rookie

Update: Version 1.3.x now also includes a pinhole mode, to make timing pinhole exposures easier. I added this due to popular demand from the pinhole community, but I am not sure how many of you are here on LFinfo .
    There are two modes: either enter the measured EV and the pinhole aperture, or enter measured time at given aperture and actual pinhole aperture to arrive at the adjusted exposure time.

Roy

I put the iPhone exposure app on the GG and rack in to infinity from the subject focal point. The exposure change recorded on the iPhone is then added to the film's exposure.