Thread: Introduction to LF workshop, August 2005

Introduction to LF workshop, August 2005

Hi Folks,

It's just two months to the next Introduction to Large Format workshop, which I'm teaching at Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore on 13-14 August. It's a 2-day session tailored to the new LF photographer, and includes everything to get you going in the right direction. The two morning discussion topics include cameras and equipment, lenses and image circles, movements, finding the best focal point, and much more. Afternoons are spent in practice setup, where participants put the principles that we've discussed into practice; I provide personal attention to each participant, examining your practice setups and offering comments or suggestions for improvement.

Everyone learns a lot, and has a lot of fun at the same time! More info is available on my website here:

http://www.dannyburk.com/introduction_to_large_format_workshop.htm

Advance notice! I'm going to begin teaching Photoshop for Photographers instructional sessions, tentatively at the end of this year. They'll be based in South Bend, and several different courses will be offered. More info is also found on my website.

Any questions........don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks,
    Danny
    Visit www.dannyburk.com for fine photography galleries, drum scanning, instructional workshops and Photoshop tutorial, tips and more

Danny,

It's unfortunate that you don't live in Canada (specifically Vancouver)... I'd attend your workshop for sure!

BTW... I think it's great of you to be doing what you're doing! I wish there were more guys like you and Per around.

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!

i would encourage any of you that can make the workshop to do so. danny is not only a fabulous photographer and wonderful teacher, but he is also a delight to spend time with.

danny, good luck with the workshop - i wish there were more guys like you around!

scott

Henry,

If you are looking for an introductory LF course in Vancouver look at the Langara Community College Continuing Education Photography program. It offers an LF intro course. Course description is at the following link...

http://www.langara.bc.ca/cs/photography/detailed_courses/10viewcam/view_camera_techniques.htm

The course is taught by Jay Stacey an active commercial shooter who shoots almost exclusively with 4x5. This is the course that got me hooked :-)

If they don't let you take it right away ask to speak with the program director about getting the pre-requisites waived. Take Care and good luck.

I attended Danny's LF Workshop in the Smokies in April. It was very informative-very worthwhile.

Jim Peacock