Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: What happened to www.cameraeccentric.com?

Re: What happened to www.cameraeccentric.com?

Quote Originally Posted by DrTang View Post
    I bet pacific camera would gladly take their catalog pdf files
    I would, too. I pay for a gigantic server and can afford to continue for as long as I live. oops - as long as I live might be a liability considering circumstances. Must make provisions for long-term support.

Camera Eccentric website down

The Camera Eccentric website had been down for weeks and weeks. I thought at first maybe there was just a server issue or something, but now that it persists I'm beginning to worry. Does anyone know if the site will be back?

p.s. - not sure if this is the best subforum to post my question, but it seems like the closest, thematically speaking.

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

Re: Camera Eccentric website down

"I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Threads merged.

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    Threads merged.
    Thank you, Oren. When I searched google, neither this discussion, nor any other similar one, came up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sawyer View Post
    I will try the wayback again. I've actually gone there a few times and been frustrated to find that clicking on a catalog failed to bring up the catalog contents. This is why I posted my inquiry here. I will try it again, though. Actually, it's a good thing my previous attempts failed, because I've now learned about Dan's list, as well as Project Gutenberg. Serendipity is a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by praktiman View Post
    Thank you, Oren. When I searched google, neither this discussion, nor any other similar one, came up.
    No problem! I hope someday we'll have a better search engine within the Forum software.

Re searching, see my comments in the list on using Google Advanced Search. The comments are buried in the web sites section.

I'll think about adding a section about searching within sites using Google Advanced Search.

On second thought, added and uploaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Mark, see posts 12 and 17 above.

I've edited my list of useful links to replace the link to cameraeccentric.com with http://web.archive.org/web/201610180....com/info.html. The new link goes to the latest version on archive.com. Given how few new catalogs have been posted on cameraeccentric in the last couple of years, it is probably fully up-to-date.

I've also posted my revised list on my One Drive. The link is still: https://1drv.ms/b/s!AggQfcczvHGNkDc9td-MlQz7c43l

As I've built my list, I've checked that every link it on it that can be archived is archived and that the archived version works as it should. archive.org uses robots and not all sites allow robots to look at them, so not all of the sites for which I give links can be archived.
    Dan, I just tried visiting your list by following the link you gave, but got "This item might not exist or is no longer available. . .Contact the owner of this item for more information."

Crap! Thanks for the news.

Please go to http://www.largeformatphotography.in...mainly)-lenses -- this is a link to the sticky -- and try the link in post #1.

Edit: I corrected the link in this discussion that gave you trouble.