Seeing that I will be heading off to college half way across the country in the next couple of months, and since my family has decided to fly instead of drive, I need to start making some preperatioins for shipping all of my camera gear (some 3-4 35mm SLRs and assorted lenses, 1 Bronica Etrs-i and lenses, my precious Sinar F-1 and lenses, and my tripod.)

Luckily I have had the good fortune of being given 2 nice Halliburton hard cases from a retired photographer for free. The bad news is that the foam which was in them was from the 70's and has since then turned into a nice black tar like goo. Now that I have cleaned out the cases I am about to order new foam for them from B&H, however I have no idea how I am going to cut it, and at about $40 a set I can't afford to experiment. Is there any proven method for cutting foam inserts? Is there some sort of professional I should be bringing the foam to so that they cameras are fitted right? And if so, where the hell do I find one?

I was also wondering if there were any other things I might need to think about before shipping my equipment, of course I will need to insure them both for shipping and while I have them at school. Although I doubt they will be stolen on the metal cases are locked and chained to my bed.

Thank you all in advance.