Thread: Carvey CNC Available

Carvey CNC and Makerbot Replicator 2 Available

I have access to a Carvey CNC machine. If you need something machined, and the Carvey is suitable for it, I will consider making it for you. You do the design in Easel, buy the materials and pay for shipping. I won't charge anything for my time. This is for personal use projects only, and only if you are having a hard time finding someone to do this. No commercial uses! I can't guarantee how quickly it would be done, and I'm not responsible for anything that doesn't go to plan. If that's not acceptable, then use someone else. I have to use the machine at my local library, and so I'm subject to it's hours and policies. I'm doing this as a friendly gesture to my fellow photo enthusiasts. If I have any trouble from anyone about it, any at all, I will stop doing it. Some things it should be able to do: cut holes in lens board, make lens caps.....

I also just got certified on the Makerbot Replicator 2 3d printer, and so the same offer applies.
    Last edited by Peter De Smidt; 22-Apr-2017 at 12:12.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Re: Carvey CNC Available

Thanks Peter for your generosity.
    I do not need "something machined", but appreciate putting your offer here.
    Thanks.

The generosity of spirit in this forum is great, its warmly appreciated.
    ------------------------------

Hello Peter

I wonder if you would be able to mill Graphic rangefinder cams. I got the design program from the SouthBristolViews site but that just produces a printed sketch of the cam that one can use as a template to make your own by tracing and then cutting, sawing and grinding. I don't have the skills, tools or the time to do that. I have twice sent a message to Rich of that site asking if he could modify the program to output the measurements instead of just producing a drawing but have had no response. Would you be able to use a drawing profile to create the necessary piece?

Thanks
    Richard

Easel needs an SVG file. If you can convert the drawings to that format, then it might work.

https://inventables.desk.com/?b_id=9566
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know