Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: TravelWide Repair Question

Re: TravelWide Repair Question

They specify their catalog is for common users, not Professional Large Format.

They do have a few LF included, but not nearly enough.

However the impressive amount of cameras listed, pictured and described is found nowhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Bedo View Post
    McKeown's, Yeah . . . .and its full of defunct camera makers at every level of the market from the cheapest giv-away cameras to the most expensive high-end makers of their time.

We had mcKeowen himself give a talk at the Houston Camera Show one year and he couldn't/wouldn't saty how he figured the prices for anything.
    Tin Can

Capitalization is a project sinker for any startup business. Bootstrapping on a crowd funding site is as tough as it gets.

I have only sympathy for the TW founders .
    "The saddest words of thought and pen
    are only these . . .
    'There might have been".

In the 1980s Fred Picker had a similar problem introducing the US made Zone VI cameras. He contrascted with Wisner to make 100 cameras. wisner worked hard to deliver the contracted lot only to find that Picker had taken depositys for more cameras than Wisner could make on an annual basis. There was a lot of unhappenes all around and Picker was barely able to produce them in house . . .but eventually did.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Bedo View Post
    Capitalization is a project sinker for any startup business. Bootstrapping on a crowd funding site is as tough as it gets.

I have only sympathy for the TW founders .
    "The saddest words of thought and pen
    are only these . . .
    'There might have been".

In the 1980s Fred Picker had a similar problem introducing the US made Zone VI cameras. He contrascted with Wisner to make 100 cameras. wisner worked hard to deliver the contracted lot only to find that Picker had taken depositys for more cameras than Wisner could make on an annual basis. There was a lot of unhappenes all around and Picker was barely able to produce them in house . . .but eventually did.
    Ron Wisner had his own problems.

there was an article in View Camerta Magazine back in 2002 ( I think) that covered a lot of that history, written by Richard Ritter. A follow up article in a later issue was a rebuttal from Wisner. They are the only published first-hand accounts of the Zone VI saga that I know of, making them primary source material. Both articles used to be available as PDFs on the VC website.

Ron Wisner produced the first 100 cameras for Picker. Another 30 were assembled at Zone VI from Wisner produced materials. Subsequent cameras were assembled and finished in-house under Ritter from parts produced by a furniture company.

Somehow, Picker managed to keep everything from tanking as happened to Wanderlust.

This is all tangant to the Wanderlust TW production issues.
    Last edited by Drew Bedo; 4-Nov-2018 at 05:59.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

My TW is still in the shop . The trial parts didn't just plug in and Mike will try to make some modificatins for an effective fix.

when I now more I'll post it here.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com

Up Date:

God news and bad news.

Good news is my camera got fixed!

Bad nerws: Not the repair we wwere looking for. My guy couldn't fabricate a part for the lens mount and couldn't modify something another member here had made. So my guy glued it all together with epoxy. Did a professional gluing job too. But not the fix we were looking for. No switching to the 65mm configuration.

I asked, and he will do the samerepair, the same way, for anyone with this problem for ~$40. Handy folks (not me) could do it at home maybe.

contact Professional Camera Repair at: http://www.professionalcamerarepair.com/

Sorry folks

Sorry to report.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com