Thread: Copal 1 Needs CLA - Recommendations?

Newbury, Vermont

Copal 1 Needs CLA - Recommendations?

I have a Copal 1 shutter that needs a CLA, and its been years since I've had this done. Any recommendations for someone reasonably close to Vermont that can do this for a decent price and turnaround time? Thinking that Grimes might be a good choice...but any others that I might consider? Thanks!!

San Joaquin Valley, California

Re: Copal 1 Needs CLA - Recommendations?

Carol at Flutot's, in next door Whittier, CA would be my first choice. She probably was a waiting list but I'd check with her first---maybe it's not a long wait right now.
    I steal time at 1/125th of a second, so I don't consider my photography to be Fine Art as much as it is petty larceny.
    I'm not OCD. I'm CDO which is alphabetically correct.

Del City, OK

Check with your local camera shops and see if they know of anyone. Maybe also look for a local camera club on Facebook or something. That's what I do for stuff like that. And I found out I have a pretty good camera repairman whose shop is within walking distance of my house. His prices are pretty cheap and his turn around is usually just a few days!

Houston Texas

For the last 15 years and more my LF lenses and shutters have been CLA'd by Professional Camera Repair in Houston.
    Drew Bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!