Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Washington DC area LF users?

Scott Davis

Washington DC area LF users?

Does anyone know if there is an active Washington DC area large format users group? If there isn't, would there be some folks interested in coming together to start one?

Davis,

There was one listed LF homepage, but I don't think it is active now since Gregory Black's email no longer works.

I'm game. Any time, any place within a 50 mile radius of the Ellispse. I live in Gaithersburg.

I'm still low on the LF learning curve, but I will be relocating to Columbia, MD in a couple weeks. I'd be happy to head out with people for an excursion, or two.

Steven

I'm new to LF but am interested in getting together and learning from each other. I would be happy to help organize a meeting or excursion. I live in Arlington, VA.

Julio

I'm planning to go out this Saturday with my view cameras. Anyone is welcome to come along.

Scott Davis

Jim- I'd love to join you this weekend but I know I have work to do on the house on Saturday. Where are you planning to go, and at what time of day?

This weekend may also be either another scorcher or rather rainy. Perhaps we could plan sometime in the next couple weeks a get-together for people to share prints and talk about their gear and interests.

What day(s) of the week are good for people? Most weekday evenings work for me. What locations would work for folks - in DC, a Maryland suburb, or a Virginia suburb? I can probably find us meeting space in downtown DC, or out in Bethesda. Both locations would be (relatively) convenient to Metro and/or other public transportation. After we all get to meet and greet, we could plan an outing.

Scott:

Actually, this weekend is forecast to be mid 70's with plenty of sun and low humidity. Of course, around here I believe that when I see it.

I was thinking of either going down to the Franciscan monastery at 14th and Quincy in Northeast, or to the Tschiffely Mill ruin near Riley's Lock on the C&O NHP towpath. The former has the advantage of a robust air conditioner in case of oppressive heat, and the latter the advantage of being about 10 minutes drive from my house. I was thinking early afternoon (since you have to be out of the monastery by about 4:45 on Saturday).

On the other hand, I'm always looking for new places around here. What are some of your favorite haunts? I'm a half hour from Bethesda, 45 minutes from downtown DC.

Could you please post your plan so I can join you?

Sure. For now let's make it the monastery grotto at 1:00 PM Saturday, but let's be flexible. 1400 Quincy St. NE, Washington, DC. Need directions? It's about 2 minutes drive from the Basilica of the National Shrine. Email me if you've never been there.