Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dumb questions, dumb comment.

Jim Ewins

dumb questions, dumb comment.

If you go to Canyon de Chelly consider hiring a Navajo guide who will take you into the canyon. Some of the guides are photographers and know the great locations and can get you to White house without the hike. The North rim especially has great views of ruins. Two days is good three is better (one with the guide)

I've only spent a little time in Colorado, but here's a couple of ideas. 1. Great Sand Dunes National Monument is close by if you want a simple day trip. 2. The Black Canyon of the Gunnison would make a nice comparison to the Grand Canyon.

Ok, OK, I'm a climber, but I'd take the Black Canyon every time. I'm amazed it gets so little press in the photography world. Still, it does mean you'll get the overlooks to yourself.

William D. Lester

Hello Joseph

There are a few of us in the Windsor area. I also quit the local camera club a couple of years back as it has largely become a computer club. Large format seems to be on the increase here and there are also a number of users in the Detroit area. Locally, darkroom supplies are becoming scarcer and I purchase a lot of my stuff over the internet from the US. I'm told locally that the minimum orders from Kodak and Ilford are now so high that they only order once or twice a year and one store has been cut off by Kodak as they don't meet the yearly minimum. Seems like the distributors here in Canada are kinda shooting themselves in the foot.

Just a thought: If you decide to go to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon as well, you might want to make a loop through Utah and go to Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon and back over I70 to Denver. If you go on I70, you can also hit Canyonlands National Park as well as Arches National Park...spectacular stuff.

Have fun!

Hi Joseph,

I live in SW Ontario, Welland. If you want contact me off-site.

Joseph, I live in Innisfil, just south of Barrie.