Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Creating lens aperture scales - what a project!

Re: Creating lens aperture scales - what a project!

I'm a bit off message here...but I'd just stick with the German shutter, the original scale and a beautiful circular set of blades. If anyone wants to get rid of any old German shutters, I'll happily pay postage

Quote Originally Posted by pjd View Post
    I'm a bit off message here...but I'd just stick with the German shutter, the original scale and a beautiful circular set of blades. If anyone wants to get rid of any old German shutters, I'll happily pay postage
    I have two 203mm Ektars, one the same as this one i the Graphic Compur 1 shutter is to me a much better shutter than a Copal 1. The only downside is the non standard flash sync connector but luckily I already had an adaptor. Despite it's age my Graphic Compur is in excellent condition, very smooth at all speeds, it had a slight clean when I received it as the slow speeds were sticky.

I'd like to fit my other 203mm Ektar in a Compur #1 (UK M370 type), it's currently in a Prontor SVS and there's no preview with these shutters, I would need a new scale but have a blank,

These are excellent lenses, I used mine on my home made 6x7 camera when I was in Canada and it's extremely sharp with good contrast.

Ian

I have had similar problems calculating f stop values on homemade lenses mated to old canibalised shutters from vintage bellows cameras. I made a through the lens meter which has solved these problems at a stroke. It is on this forum.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk