Thread: New Czech 20x24 model available

New Czech 20x24 model available

Filip Habart in Prague has just introduced a new 20 x 24. Go to the website and check it out. This is a good video to watch of the set up.

https://www.facebook.com/HFcameras/?pnref=lhc

I have purchased from him before - bits of a 20x24 rather than a fully built camera like this.

This is a completely different design philosophy than the camera that Richard Ritter just built for me. Filip's camera is more than twice the weight - it is much more "metallic

Re: New Czech 20x24 model available

wow, that first tripod attachment looks like a tricky situation. like one should attach the tripod to the camera first then set the tripod down.
    ~nicholas
    lifeofstawa
    stawastawa at gmail

that is a very nice looking camera. I did think however I would have wished for a larger lens board for older lenses.

Yesm a larger lensboard, and definitely a larger, more substantial tripod head. The camera is unstable even with the two extra supports.

Which tripod/head to use is a choice separate from the camera design. Some QR plate would simplify attaching the camera top the tripod . .another choice separate from the camera. I have seen front and rear suplimentary supports used on ULF cameras before.

I liked that the video was done smoothly and confidently without hesitation or uncertainty. I have seen too many YoluTube presentations where the presenter seemed to be a clueless idiot constantly fiddling with the amera and fumbling the demonstration.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Back,bellows and holder for my 20x24 were made by Fillip in 2013. I had to redo ground glass myself as it was smashed during delivery to US.
    I am not sure why this is new camera - he had extremely similar one back in days showing off on his ebay page, but ok.

Its very decent quality albeit some aspects of buying/making were rough (and i have never gotten inner frame for longer bellows , even though i paid for it, but oh well, it was too painful of a buy at the moment anyway). I am SURE it got better.

I have used it through 3 iterations of making it into full functional camera, and it held up and bellows are still nice and stiff