Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Photographing while drunk or stoned

Photographing while drunk or stoned

I tried photography while on Acid several years back. I took a whole bunch of photos of the things I saw but for some reason the photos just didn't match my previsualizations.

Perhaps I shouldn't have used that alkaline fixer...

The trouble with photographing high is that the photographs only look good when high also. So it becomes a major commitment to get loaded every time you want to view the images .

Trust me, we experimented heavily with "alternative state" photography in the late 60's and early seventies in New Mexico. Taos and Dennis Hoppers house in particular was a center for "alternative state" photography.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Yeah - and if you want to see some great action as you crank the volume, especially with Led Zep, just look through your grain magnifier as you do this! Talk about moving images!

PS - lesson learned - go easy on the volume, and especially the base, while printing! Bob - got that?

I hate to point this out, but this thread is in violation of Section 105 of the Patriot Act.

Abuser of God's Sunlight

"I tried photography while on Acid several years back. I took a whole bunch of photos of the things I saw but for some reason the photos just didn't match my previsualizations."

what a shame!

it doesn't work so well for me either. i like to have a couple of drinks in the darkroom sometimes, but not while photographing. and weed just saps my motivation. i tried using it to get unblocked for a writing project a while ago, and ended up spending a whole lot of time just staring at things.

it's completely individual, though. i have climbing partners who like to rock climb while their tripping on mushrooms. i can't imagine doing it--it's enough for me when the rocks aren't moving on their own. but thsese guys love it. so to anyone who hasn't tried photographing drunk or high, i'd definitely suggest trying it at least once. it worked pretty well for the beatles.

Only if you are American.

Michael E. Gordon

"So it becomes a major commitment to get loaded every time you want to view the images ."

Some people have no problem with that level of commitment.

Old Milwaukee? My God....

I'll only photograph or print while inebriated if I can be nekkid at the same time.

Gave up Stoned shooting when the munchy stash started taking up important room in the camera bag. When you are faced with deciding which will be more important lenses or twinkies, on a photo outing, you know you have a problem.

I actually started photography after my experimental years. Never was a drinker. Hangovers suck.

Are you smashed right now Dan? Odd question.... Me, I do the drinkin bit after a good day's shoot (as a reward) but not before, and certainly not during. I mean, 8x10 shooting is hard enough sober - let alone all liquored up.