Thread: Can I Use a PocketWizard with a Raven to Connect my Profoto B10X Strobe?

Can I Use a PocketWizard with a Raven to Connect my Profoto B10X Strobe?

I’m brand new to using studio lights with film, so forgive the question if this is common knowledge.

I’m trying to come up with a solution that allows me to shoot LF using my Profoto B10X strobes (which don’t have a PC sync port).

I have a working theory that I can achieve this using a lens with a PC sync port connected to a PocketWizard Plus IIIe connected to the Raven by FusionTLC connected to the Profoto B10X.

Can anyone who knows more than I do confirm that my theory is, in fact, correct?

Merissa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Can I Use a PocketWizard with a Raven to Connect my Profoto B10X Strobe?

I have tried. Connect flash sync on lens to PW to trigger the receiver on my Profoto strobe . It works. Make sure you set the lens to X sync.

You can test it out without any film.
    Peter Chong
    Singapore

Short answer, no.
    The Pocket Wizard operates on a different frequency than the Raven. They're incompatible.

I know Profotos are expensive (believe me I know), but the B1X head has a sync port for a Pocket Wizard and by the time you buy the Raven plus the B10X head you're close to the price of the B1X.

Rob Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by mlehr View Post
    I’m brand new to using studio lights with film, so forgive the question if this is common knowledge.

I’m trying to come up with a solution that allows me to shoot LF using my Profoto B10X strobes (which don’t have a PC sync port).

I have a working theory that I can achieve this using a lens with a PC sync port connected to a PocketWizard Plus IIIe connected to the Raven by FusionTLC connected to the Profoto B10X.

Can anyone who knows more than I do confirm that my theory is, in fact, correct?

Merissa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Get the Air Remote from Profoto. I got one and it works with my B10Xs. You have to buy a PC cable plug but works like a charm