Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cambo Revolving Back on Pacemaker Speed Graphic

Re: Cambo Revolving Back on Pacemaker Speed Graphic

Terry, the monocular reflex finder-- that's what the OP has -- rotates . I use one on a Cambo with a reversible back. Cambo's binocular reflex finder doesn't rotate, but the body attaches to the mounting bracket in two positions 90 degrees apart. Just like a reversible back.

Quote Originally Posted by IanG View Post
    There won't be any Vignetting because that's caused by too small an image circle, you will definitely get the top & bottom edges clipped in portrait mode although perhaps not with a WA lens.

In the previous thread I referred to the OP stated there would be no issues, I say no there would be, but after completion he reported there was. I've tried it there is and anyone with a Speed Graphic can take the back off and see why there is a problem shooting a full frame 5x4 portrait mode with a revolving back.

I'm not saying you can't use a revolving back on a Pacemaker Speed Graphic just that you can't get a full 5x negative in Portrait mode.

Ian
    Well but I already did get a full 5x negative in portrait mode. And I am not the only one. But to be honest I am tired of having to explain it all the time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2017-04-03 um 08.15.54.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	163390

As you can see, there is vignetting in the edges. But if I have the choice between mounting the heavy camera + Aero Ektar in portrait-orientation and between using the revolving-back with a bit of vignetting, I would always choose the latter.

Btw.: just a testshot on expired (1996) portra 160VC.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2262.jpg  

The camera that Dan Fromm linked to in post 21 of this thread was put together by me. I've made about a dozen of them because people continued to want them. I do say in my ads that there might be some vignetting, but I agree with shoshin: the heavy Aero Ektar lens seems much more stable to me if the camera is in its proper position, with the bed on the bottom.

I always used 3x4 Fuji FP-100c instant film to test them. It's nice to see that vignetting is not much of an issue, judging by shoshin's photos.

I took some more photos during the last days and on most of them there is no vignetting. Maybe it was caused by the mamiya lenshood I used on the aero ektar.

The shape of the vignetting suggests that to me; I would think that if it were the bellows it would not be so much more in the corners but across the whole bottom and top. But I'm hardly an expert.