Thread: 4x10 C-41 Lab?

4x10 C-41 Lab?

I'm looking for a lab to process 4x10 C-41 film. I contacted Edgar Praus who I use for 4x5, but he is not set-up to do 4x10. Is there anyone out there, or do I need to do it myself?

Richard Wasserman

https://www.rwasserman.com/

Re: 4x10 C-41 Lab?

Could labs that process 8x10 be able to do 4x10 as well? Try calling DodgeChrome in DC: (240) 247-1800

You might try these folks:

http://colorservicesllc.com/film-processing/

I know that they can do odd sizes of B&W in their Jobo, but I'm not sure what they can handle in their Refrema C-41 setup.

Here's what I worked out for processing 6x17 with a local lab.

A 5x7 rack (for dip and dunk) has sets of four clips (two on left, two on right) for mounting successive 5x7 sheets of film. Visualize two particular adjacent sheets of 5x7 film mounted on a vertical rack. (Racks are loaded vertically into a tank.) It turns out that the lower two clips (left and right) of the upper sheet, together with the upper two clips of the lower sheet, are spaced ideally to hold a single 6x17 strip of film. Voila!

I've dedicated and adjusted some 5x7 film holders to hold 6x17 film. I'll take a roll of medium format film, cut into 7" strips, and load. I can just leave these loaded holders with the lab. Turns out they process medium format the same as sheet film. So, it all works out.

Back on topic, it wouldn't surprise me if the same were true of the clips for two adjacent 8x10 sheets on an 8x10 film rack, that they're spaced appropriately to hold a single 4x10 strip of film. (At least, at some labs.)

Citizen's Photo in Portland told me once, "if we can clip it, we can dip it." I imagine that also holds true for Blue Moon Camera and Machine, also in Portland.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Cunningham View Post
    Citizen's Photo in Portland told me once, "if we can clip it, we can dip it." I imagine that also holds true for Blue Moon Camera and Machine, also in Portland.
    This is the lab about whom I was speaking.

I spoke to Jim at Color Services and he is confident that they can process 4x10 C41. They've not done it before, but checked the racks and it should work just fine, although with a couple extra clips.

Thanks all!

Richard Wasserman

https://www.rwasserman.com/

Nice! My own C41 has been hit and miss.