Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How much stock solution do you mix?

Re: How much stock solution do you mix?

Quote Originally Posted by aeyb701 View Post
    I've used the Jobo C-41 Press Kit powder 1 litre chemistry mixed up and stored indoors room temp in brown plastic bottles TWO YEARS , with only a nigh-on imperceptible green shift. Still good contrast.
    Most wouldn't have tried this but my subjects were forgettable anyway so what the heck, if only to report my findings to others, and feel more secure in leaving the stuff sit when G from one interest to another, coming back a few months later.
    I'll be trying it with one litre bottles of Tetenal E6 that I mixed in October 2016 and let people know the outcome; that from the 5-litre package of concentrate I received in 2007! Got good results not having made working solutions till 2015.voigtlander 9x12 Bergheil plate camera/ 135 Heliar lens with rada 120 film holder and E 6 film, stock solution kept unused for 8 years before making up working solution and processed using Jobo processor CPE2 or whatever.
    Jon Archibald
    Peterborough ontario

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I've had really good luck with Tetenal E6 longevity. I'm still using a 5 liter kit that I split up over two years ago. I'm doing a test on storing some Kodak C-41 working solution developer replenisher. I have it stored in divided 120mL bottles. Seems to keep forever at 65F in full bottles. Just a little air and it's dead. Oxygen is wicked stuff doesn't take a lot to destroy the developer.

Re: How much stock solution do you mix?

There is a thread on APUG with a recommended list of Kodak Flexicolor C-41 chemicals to use. There is a thought that the Kodak Flexicolor chemicals are thought to be longer lived than others. When stored full to the brim in PET bottles, the solutions can last quite a while. I am working through my first installment of these chemicals from the APUG advice and am a satisfied practitioner so far.