Thread: X Ray Film Supplier in UK/EU Asomerville

Lucas Kao

X Ray Film Supplier in UK/EU Asomerville

Hi,
    I recently did a search online for X Ray film in UK and by accident I came across Asomerville, a UK based company that sells medical equipment and noticed they had a page for X ray films with different brands and sizes. I then spoked to a sales rep by phone and their price is a bit cheaper than getting them from USA.

Here is a quote from them, excluding 20% VAT + £7 delivery.
    Agfa CP-BU 18x24cm 100 sheet £28.51
    Agfa CP-BU 24x30cm 100 sheet £47.52

http://www.asomerville.ltd.uk/xray-film_1.html?i=0

I hadn't finish my current box yet so won't need to buy any time soon, but just want to spread the word as there seems to be no supplier in UK? I am not affiliated with them in anyway.

Re: X Ray Film Supplier in UK/EU Asomerville

Good news for EU. http://www.asomerville.ltd.uk/xray-film.html?i=3 They call it Ortho.

Looks like they are dumping all analog gear.

I took an X-Ray to my new doctor and clinic and they have no way to even look at a old style negative X-Ray. No scanner, no lightbox, no storage either.

Nice find there, Lukas. I don't *need* film at the moment, but I might grab some just because

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Good news for EU. http://www.asomerville.ltd.uk/xray-film.html?i=3 They call it Ortho.

Looks like they are dumping all analog gear.

I took an X-Ray to my new doctor and clinic and they have no way to even look at a old style negative X-Ray. No scanner, no lightbox, no storage either.
    I'm sort of worried about this. I spent some time trying to find a source in South Korea for 8x10 mammo film. Turns out they don't use 8x10 mammo film in this market, just 18x24cm (which I am now using, with 18x24 fidelity holders). In this process I contacted sales reps for a few major companies (Fuji, Kodak, Agfa etc) - the ones that replied wondered what the heck I was doing, and why I wasn't asking about dry process technology as that's how things are headed.

Back to that list for the UK, do you happen to know how much Kodak MIN RS costs, and what sizes are available? That's a single sided (mammography) film. Thanks for sharing that link!

Quote Originally Posted by pjd View Post
    I'm sort of worried about this. I spent some time trying to find a source in South Korea for 8x10 mammo film. Turns out they don't use 8x10 mammo film in this market, just 18x24cm (which I am now using, with 18x24 fidelity holders). In this process I contacted sales reps for a few major companies (Fuji, Kodak, Agfa etc) - the ones that replied wondered what the heck I was doing, and why I wasn't asking about dry process technology as that's how things are headed.

Back to that list for the UK, do you happen to know how much Kodak MIN RS costs, and what sizes are available? That's a single sided (mammography) film. Thanks for sharing that link!
    At the bottom of the front page of the link I posted is an email address to request prices.