Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help on Arca Swiss model B parts

Need help on Arca Swiss model B parts

Dear Mr Kurt,

I have just bought an Arca Swiss Model B, it is a lovely camera. I need some information regarding parts, please help as I am not sure if there is an Arca Swiss Dealer in India.

1) what adapter is to be used to attach a Hasselblad V digital back to the Arca Swiss.

2) What is the part number of the Rear function carrier to convert this camera to 8X10

3) is it OK to use a Grafmatic multi shot film carrier with this camera (it feels tight on inserting and removing) or should I change to a two shot film holder.

many thanks and regards

Ashish Wakhlu

Re: Need help on Arca Swiss model B parts

I've moved this new post from an ancient and unrelated thread into a thread of its own.

Hi Ashish,
    Welcome to LFF!

I'm not sure who Mr. Kurt is, because the thread got moved. But for Arca related queries, you'd best talk to Rod Klukas at rodklukas.com who is the US representative for Arca-Swiss. I don't think there's an Arca-Swiss dealer in India.

1. I'm not sure attaching a digital back to this camera is a good idea, but if you must, and if your camera has a Graflok back, you can get a Graflok>Hasselblad adapter on eBay.

2. I don't know this, but ping Rod or Kerry Thalmann on this forum and they should be able to help you.

3. Grafmatics slide in like a regular film holder, or can be held in place with the sliders. See this page https://lommen9.home.xs4all.nl/holders/ where he says to insert washers below the springs, if necessary.

Good luck.

Kumar

Dear Kumar,

thank you very much, First please accept my congratulations on your website and lovely pictures. Japan is a photographers dream country. Now as you have so kindly helped some more questions!

1) I think the camera has a braflok back, but the insert which fits into the camera is square 170mm (like the lens board) and all the adapters I have seen on eBay have rectangular inserts hence the problem.

I will act on your other suggestions and update.

kind regards

Ashish

Thank you for the kind words. The site is log overdue for an update - I simply don't have the time now.

Why do you "think" it has a Graflok back? If your Arca back has the sliders like the ones shown in the link above, it is a Graflok back. Maybe a photo or two would help.

Kumar

Hi Kumar,

I tried to attach photos but files too large, can you send your e mail please.

thanks

Ashish
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails L1011198.jpg  

Click on my username, and you'll get a pop-up with Send E-mail as an option.

Looking at the photo, it's not very clear whether it is a Graflok back. Are there any sliders that will let you remove only the ground glass frame - not the whole back? If yes, your camera has a Graflok back. Otherwise it's a spring back. Read Jo Lommen's page again to see how to use a Grafmatic.

Kumar

Hi Kumar,

there are no sliders to remove only the ground glass, it is a spring backClick image for larger version. 

Name:	L1011199.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	160390

In which case, follow the advice on Jo Lommen's page. Or see if you can get a Graflok back - which you would need in any case to attach your digital back. I'm not sure how much the Graflok back would cost.

Kumar

OK

will check Braflok back for Arca Swiss B

thanks

Ashish