Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can i Introduce my 617 Camera DIY kit, crowdfunding now at kickstarter from US$150

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lightbulb Can i Introduce my 617 Camera DIY kit, crowdfunding now at kickstarter from US$150

Can I introduce my creation of Large format diy cameras, both products are crowdfunding now at kickstarter, from US$150

They are "Towfourths 617 camera DIY kit and instant adapter DIY kit" , cost/ performance ratio is outstanding.

both can activate a lot of large format lens with a convenience way via 120 film & Fuji instax wide film.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...pixels-equiva?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.png 
Views:	122 
Size:	205.6 KB 
ID:	159940

thanks
    Mick, Wing.Siu
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 111.png  

Re: Can i Introduce my 617 Camera DIY kit, crowdfunding now at kickstarter from US$15

The wooden board and auxiliary parts ( 0.2mm~10mm ) can be used to adjust the distance between the under 200 mm lens and the film. lot of wide angle large format lenses of Nikkon, Schneider,Rodenstock, Fujinon, are appropriate lenses.

Lachlan 717

Re: Can i Introduce my 617 Camera DIY kit, crowdfunding now at kickstarter from US$15

Few things:

I'd redo the video with a lens that actually covers the 6x17 format. The 65mm doesn't. It is soft at the edge, it is heavily vignetted and the corners are black.

Second, you need to explain how other focal lengths can be used.

Finally, how do you focus the camera?
    Lachlan.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take. -- Wayne Gretzky

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan 717 View Post
    Focus? How do you compose?

Quote Originally Posted by faberryman View Post
    Focus? How do you compose?
    other than 'focus tube' option. one of solution is small APERTURE. but its limited to take photo freedom.

closer range little bit , the photo taken with f 35 and 1second
    Last edited by MickS; 20-Jan-2017 at 03:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan 717 View Post
    Few things:

I'd redo the video with a lens that actually covers the 6x17 format. The 65mm doesn't. It is soft at the edge, it is heavily vignetted and the corners are black.

Second, you need to explain how other focal lengths can be used.

thank you very much for your question & give me a chance to explain.

1st,
    Yes, you right, I should use another lens to demonstration, image circle more than 170mm is better.https://b45a1a8f-a-651e169c-s-sites....attredirects=0

because of lack a centre filter, lead to "heavily vignetted " problem. i still finding a approprite one.

2nd
    Every large format lens also having a flange focal distance announce by the manufacturer, This distance figure is their minimum length of each lens. Keep the lens rear and the film apart according to this distance. The image will be distinct clear. It is great for landscape shooting.
    The key to taking excellent photos with our low-priced camera is accurate adjustment of the distance between the film and the lens rear, The wooden board and auxiliary parts ( 0.2mm~10mm ) can be used to adjust the distance between the lens and the film. (picture #2 on reply of the thread)

The translucent tracing paper included in the DIY Kit is used to simulate the film and used to help align the position for a clear image. It is important to do it right during the camera assembly. For better result, you can use a magnifying glass to help with the alignment.

3rd
    The project offers an extra focus tube"617diy Adjustable focusing Set"(optional from US$100)
    because different lens produce different focal distance range, we provide 6 different focus tube for numerous lenses, Combines our optional 617diy adjustable focusing set, The camera can be used to shoot at close range (e.g. 3m~12m), Set the focus ring to adjust the focal distance.

User can mesure the different focus range with DSRL during installation stage, Its little bit complicated. but not hard to understand. If who knows focal length works. we provide adapter to DSLR, Use the digital camera to simulate between the film and lens rear, focus at the image, mark the different target on the FOCUS TUBE when the image is clear.
    Last edited by MickS; 20-Jan-2017 at 07:05.

2nd
    Every large format lens also having a flange focal distance announce by the manufacturer, This distance figure is their minimum length of each lens. Keep the lens rear and the film apart according to this distance. The image will be distinct clear. It is great for landscape shooting.
    Mick, published FFDs are fictions. They are true for an ideal realization of the lens' design, not for actual lenses as produced. It isn't safe to assume that the lens in hand matches the ideal realization.

The key to taking excellent photos with our low-priced camera is accurate adjustment of the distance between the film and the lens rear, The wooden board and auxiliary parts ( 0.2mm~10mm ) can be used to adjust the distance between the lens and the film. (picture #2 on reply of the thread)
    This is true for all cameras. You might want to address the problem by making spacers that are slightly thinner than needed for the published FFD and including a template to be used for cutting shims (paper? thin brass?) for final adjustment.

The translucent tracing paper included in the DIY Kit is used to simulate the film and used to help align the position for a clear image. It is important to do it right during the camera assembly. For better result, you can use a magnifying glass to help with the alignment.
    Does the tracing paper lie exactly where the film will?

3rd
    The project offers an extra focus tube"617diy Adjustable focusing Set"(optional from US$100)
    because different lens produce different focal distance range, we provide 6 different focus tube for numerous lenses, Combines our optional 617diy adjustable focusing set, The camera can be used to shoot at close range (e.g. 3m~12m), Set the focus ring to adjust the focal distance.
    Is the focusing tube actually a set of concentric tubes? If so, what guarantees that as the tube(s) is/are extended the lens' axis will stay perpendicular to the film plane?

hello Dan:

thank you for your advise, my kickstarter project is a low cost project, it isn't a professional production, it is a DIY concept,, But I wish I can fulfill the requests as i can do it.

1. <<published FFDs are fictions>> i took photo, developed film 3 times, after 2 times tiny adjustment, to got the better result, that you may saw the demonstrate photos on my kickstarter page. a lot of 0.2mm, 0.5mm, 1mm, cutting paper/auxiliary parts is included for adjustment.

2. <<This is true for all cameras?> appropriate lenses list shows on my kickstarter page. please find it if you really interest in it.

3. <<Does the tracing paper lie exactly where the film will?>> its not 1000%, but 99.9%. film is little bit thicker, its easy to simulate.

4. <<extended the lens' axis will stay perpendicular to the film plane?>> its not 1000%, but 99.9%. but I can not guarantees work 100% work with each lens, before ship to my backers. , I just make sure its work with my lens, in case it happened. I will fix the problem with my backers.

since it is a DIY concept and very very low cost production (not massive production too). i think user custom modification is acceptable. thx again

Strange, on the cover page there is one panoramic shot that is wider then 617 and two shots that are closer to 612.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    Strange, on the cover page there is one panoramic shot that is wider then 617 and two shots that are closer to 612.
    thank you, smaller two is instant photo by Fuji instax wide.

the lens is Schneider Super-Angulon 47mm f8 , this image circle just 110mm.

its another solution of the project, vintage lenses instant adapter, combines a middle format lens , Belair instant back and film Fuji instax wide iso 800. If you have the lenses which with 0 or size 00 shutter , together with a Lomography Belair Instant Back, easy to assemble a low-cost instant camera.