Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "New" Durst L-138: Did one of us get this?

Les

Re: "New" Durst L-138: Did one of us get this?

Inexpensive clean enlargers are getting harder to find.

Just in case someone is looking (not me), I found a De Vere 515 (12x15) for sale on local CL w/4 lenses for $2500. Any takers, he he ? Just spotted that last night.

Les

The slot for the heat absorbing glass is inside the lamp housing. Luis, where can you source the glass to be cut? Looks like a previous owner was using a 500 watt bulb with no cooling. Two new 200 watt Durst Opals came with the enlarger. That said, yesterday I was talking to an LED lamp guy about making a lamp setup that would slide into the condenser racks. It would only draw 3 amps or so and be around 25 watts. Probably run cooler than the Lacoli and I'm sure it would be less expensive. Steve, I also have lots of condensers.

You'd probably have to mail order the heat absorbing glass. I bought mine locally many years ago. I use a blower with the condenser head regardless of what wattage bulb I use. L

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Walden View Post
    If you have the cold light head you probably don't need the heat absorbing glass which I need Or if anyone reading this knows where I can get that glass please give a whistle.
    I have one for you, original LACALO frame and glasses, like Luis post, original glasses came in 2 parts.
    Do you need other head parts? I take a Durst 138 body to make a very nice copy stand!
    My Lumen project http://ginetteclement.com

... That said, yesterday I was talking to an LED lamp guy about making a lamp setup that would slide into the condenser racks. It would only draw 3 amps or so and be around 25 watts. Probably run cooler than the Lacoli and I'm sure it would be less expensive. Steve, I also have lots of condensers.
    Another interesting option is an Ilford head over the Durst 138. This way, you still use your condensers and variable contrast head work as a charm.
    Steve Sherman have this set-up. Look at about 6:25 on this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRlq8CwVvws
    You need an adapter to fit the head over the Durst, Jay Overmoen (newvisionphoto on eBay) duplicate the original Ilford adapter.
    You need specifically the medium format flush mount diffusion box and it will cover 5"x7" neg using the 240 condensers set.
    My Lumen project http://ginetteclement.com

Thanks to Ginette I have a LACALO on the way but now I find that in all the bits I got with my enlarger the only lens boards are 2 LATUBs with 39mm inserts, 1 SEIMAR with a recessed 25mm mount, and a LATUB 25 with a 39mm mount. The one I need is a LAPLA 50. I put an entry on the WTB thread but thought I'd chime in here also to be consoled. In going through the box of stuff (which I hadn't done in 15 years) I found a receipt for the small nylon bevel gear that I had to buy to replace the broken one in the head elevator. Only $68. Don't you just love Durst?

I found a receipt for the small nylon bevel gear that I had to buy to replace the broken one in the head elevator. Only $68. Don't you just love Durst?
    Try finding one now, you'll appreciate that one! You can have one of the Lapla 25's drilled out to the 50mm threads. That's what I normally do! L
    Last edited by Luis-F-S; 19-Apr-2017 at 17:23.