Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Waterproof tripod leg covers? How to protect when shooting in salty water, mud, etc?

Re: Waterproof tripod leg covers? Pother solutions to protect tripod when shooting in

Quote Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
    How about some thigh-high vinyl go-go boots??? The stiletto heels could be used to anchor the spread into the mud, sand etc...

The problem would be to get them in a set of 3... ;-z

Steve K
    Get 3 pair, then you're good to go-go with a backup set.

Re: Waterproof tripod leg covers? Pother solutions to protect tripod when shooting in

Thanks Steve - that made my morning 😊

Drew Wiley

Re: Waterproof tripod leg covers? How to protect when shooting in salty water, mud, e

Be careful or you'll have a set of pontoons making your tripod float.

Re: Waterproof tripod leg covers? How to protect when shooting in salty water, mud, e

Somewhere here I posted a photo of my very old Berlebach tripod. I got a ration of grief regarding its ugly, worn and weathered condition but it has been set in muddy water, the sea, sand, all kinds of conditions, and cleans up under a hose just fine. Open channel legs cannot be beat.

Oh, found the closeup.

Get a wooden legged tripod. Mine have been in creeks, muddy lakes and the ocean. When I take them out I wipe them off,then when I get home they get a good cleaning and rewaxing, and metal parts get a good oiling.

I have Berlebach tripod also. It has good damping characteristic and stability.

Drew Wiley

I never worry about saltwater with my Ries tripods. All the metal is nonferrous, and I don't even bother re-oiling the maple legs. I Just rinse it off at the end of the day. I'm more concerning about the damage salt water can do to my leather hiking boots. They get well-rinsed too, the sooner the better, but are routinely oiled.