Thread: Accessory tray for an old Linhof studio stand

Accessory tray for an old Linhof studio stand

I recently got a nice deal on this Linhof pedestal-type studio stand that looks to be of 1970s vintage (not the big Studiomatic--more like an earlier version of the Universal Studio II stand), and I'm thinking it would be nice to have an accessory tray. I can rig something up, of course, involving U-bolts or hose clamps and a metal or plastic tray of some sort, but there were a tray from a Foba, Regal, or a current Linhof stand that would just clamp on to the outer column, that would be convenient. The column is 56mm in diameter (a little less than 2-1/4"). Anyone know what might fit?

Hi David
    Try to build it up by using Manfotto lighting support parts. They are versatile and inexpensive

BR, martin

Rats!

I had one hanging around the studio forever, which I just gave away last year. It was maroon plastic with a center hole just big enough to slip over the tripod center shaft and clamp at any spot.

Bogen/Manfrotto makes a black cast metal tray almost the same exact size. I have one of those as well, buried under something. They call it a projector platform, I think. Different mounting set-up, though. It screws onto the top of the column with a 1/4-20 bolt, I think. I'd have to look to be sure.

A mid-sixties TV tray would be appropriate.

Seem like you could drill a large hole into any suitable tray and slide over the column. I've seen large Linhof decals on eBay - or maybe a foam padded camera dealer mat on a cafeteria tray?

Believe it or not, I think I found the exact thing for this, and it looks a lot like a mid-sixties TV tray--

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7519389928

The lovely shade of 1972 Linhof maroon on this projector platform beautifully sets off the tan leatherette on my Tech V and the matching tan paint on the stand, plus it slips over the center column and has a clamp underneath, so I can position it at any height on the column. I think this must have been just what John Cook referred to.