I'm leaving in two days for a fishing trip to Northern California - West of Mt. Shasta to be exact. On my return to Southern California in a week, I will be looking for a location or two to photograph and am looking for suggestions. I've driven through that part of the state before, but never really stopped to photograph. I'll have both my 4 x 5 and 8 x 10 (first effort with a new/old camera). At first, I was thinking on going through Lassen Park - that is until I learned that the park is still closed because of snow (I hadn't even thought about snow being an issue because it's 110 degrees here in Palm Springs). I'm looking for something that does not involve a whole lot of hiking - up to a couple of miles is OK. I know about Castle Crags and might start there. Will probably check out the falls in Dunsmuir and I was also considering going over towards Burney falls. I've heard that the streams and rivers have quite a lot of water right now.

So - something in between Sacramento and Mt. Shasta. Do any of you have any favorite places in that part of the country?