Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Announcing Course to "Become a Fearless Traditional Retoucher & Spotter"

Traditional Retoucher & Spotte

Announcing Course to "Become a Fearless Traditional Retoucher & Spotter"

My name is Katherine Gillis. I have compressed 23 years of experience into a course for analog photographers called: "Become a Fearless Traditional Retoucher & Spotter." The course has 6 Modules and gives step-by-step techniques, tools and examples to perfectly apply dyes to B&W prints. A FREE Tools & Resources checklist is on my website at www.katherinegillis.com and currently I am mailing out an outline a day of what contents are in each module for those who get the checklist.

This is an extraordinarily niche course and I did it because I don't want the art and skill set to be lost forever. It has taken well over a year to collaborate on this course which will be accessible on a recognized online school platform. This is a premium course and is the next best thing to being hands on with all the before and after photos, videos (some real time), audio and pdfs. The course will launch early January 2017.

Re: Announcing Course to "Become a Fearless Traditional Retoucher & Spotter"

Refresh our memory. Are you not the person chosen to retouch Ansel Adams' prints, among others'? I think I've seen a photo of you retouching a negative through a stereo microscope. Wrong/Right person?

exciting!
    ~nicholas
    lifeofstawa
    stawastawa at gmail

Cool. Time to sharpen up the 'ol Winsor & Newton Series 7 brushes.

Jac@stafford.net, Your memory is correct, Katherine Gillis explained in her course update yesterday that she continues to retouch Ansel Adams special edition prints.

I asked some tough questions earlier this year based on some of my frustrations with retouching, and I think that Katherine is very likely going to show how to do exactly what is troubling me...

I could putter away at my own pace and probably figure it out on my own...

But this looks like a rare opportunity, and I am hoping to take advantage.

Listening to your pitch right now. Chemicals and dyes.

I am trying to NOT USE Facebook, so please keep that in mind.

I hear on this video on your website, you have completed 4 modules already.

Not clear on how to catch up nor what it costs.

I will be ordering all your listed supplies, meaning Mashall color, brush and things.

I may be incapable of the skillful hand movements needed. Bad hands.

I used to watch my late wife touch up 8X10 Chromes for Playboy, but she never showed me how...too late now.

I have signed up.

Next week I will have the tools.

I am also interested in the machines, I have 2.

Thanks!

I have not been able to make heads or tails form the info I have received as emails besides the free list of stuff I would need to buy. Do not know what it will cost and when it suppose to start and where to watch these modules (whatever they are?)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Clark View Post
    I have not been able to make heads or tails form the info I have received as emails besides the free list of stuff I would need to buy. Do not know what it will cost and when it suppose to start and where to watch these modules (whatever they are?)
    same boat...steve

Quote Originally Posted by Jac@stafford.net View Post
    Refresh our memory. Are you not the person chosen to retouch Ansel Adams' prints, among others'? I think I've seen a photo of you retouching a negative through a stereo microscope. Wrong/Right person?
    Yes I am (sorry battling bronchitis) for not answering you the day you posted. I am launching my course within the next two weeks. You are on my mailing list and I sent out the outline of every module in the course so that everyone who had expressed an interest in the course "Become a Fearless Traditional Retoucher & Spotter" would know what I'll be teaching. I am very secure after over a year and numerous comments from analog photographers that it contains what any serious traditional retoucher & spotter would expect. Lots of before and after photos, videos and some real time retouching videos. Hope you'll take the course. Everyone tells me they aren't on Facebook where I have been LIVE quite a bit on THE CAROL BUTLER SHOW page just to get folks comfortable with seeing me and addressing any questions. We will be live on Periscope (Twitter) Thursday at 1 p.m. (look for #analog photography or @KatGillis01 or @carolkingbutler.) I do not Tweet but was asked to use Periscope for those not on Facebook.
    As a matter of fact Carol (my course collaborator) noticed you were duplicated on the Ofcourseware.xyz school email and the course email. We have moved everyone to the course email so you will not get duplicate emails any longer.

If you have any questions please email me from my website: www.katherinegillis.com. Thanks for your question and interest.

Hi Michael, my name is Katherine Gillis, Master Traditional Retoucher & Spotter. I have created over the last 14 months a course specifically (yes, extremely rare and niche) for analog photographers called "Become a Fearless Traditional Retoucher & Spotter." Any one who got my FREE Tools & Resources checklist on my website at www.katherinegillis.com received one module outline a day from 12-26-2016 for 6 days. This was my way of making sure everyone knew what the course contents were. The cost, the way to enroll and the bonuses will be announced shortly to anyone who has gotten my Checklist. Visit my site to know more but if you get the Checklist you'll know immediately. I have been doing LIVE Broadcasts for a while on Facebook on my course developer's page THE CAROL BUTLER SHOW and we will be LiVE on Periscope on Twitter at 1 p.m. Thursday (1-5-2017) and LIVE on Facebook at 11 a.m. We will announce within both broadcasts when the course is open for enrollment. Those who buy the course the day we open it up get a very special bonus. We've already given the special bonus of the entire outline of the course, something most don't do. All of this is meant to have people know me, Carol and understand what they were investing in. Thanks for commenting. - My best to you and hope you take the course. Katherine