Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ansel Adams Fakes

Ansel Adams Fakes

Hey, I know I'm probably in an extreme minority, but I like "Civil Defense." While critics have generally panned it, I think that it represents an interesting and topical reaction to the times (much the same as the plantation photos of the 30's).

Ryan, I wish that I would have the opportunity to get to Tuscon in the near future.

Ansel Adams Fakes

Mike, I am with you on liking Ed's photograph "Civil Defense". It was so different when compaired to his other work, but also VERY modern looking. The meaning behind the photograph was very strong and I think the image tells of an important moment in American history.

I am not sure where you are from, Mike...but if you are ever in this area be sure to set aside a few hours to spend at the Center For Creative Photography. Even before I worked there, I could spend hours in the gallery, library, and doing the "Print viewing" of all the photographs I have always dreamed of seeing. I consider myself VERY lucky to have the opportunity to be working hands on with these photographs now.

Take care,

Ryan McIntosh

Ansel Adams Fakes

I'm also a big fan of "civil Defense". I thought it was pretty witty when i first saw it. an obvious joke but a good one and beautifully done which only adds another layer to the joke.

Ansel Adams Fakes

Ryan and other contributors,
    I wanted to add a few corrections to a several mistakes I discovered on this thread. The proper title of Edward Weston's photograph of his wife Charis on the couch with the gas mask is "Civilian Defense, 1942." Edward's home in Carmel Highlands, California is "Wildcat Hill." And the outbuilding on the property where Charis wrote their book about the Guggenheim travels, "California and the West, " is Bodie House. It gained its name from the stove that originally heated the building.

Ansel Adams Fakes

I just wanted to take a moment to clear up some recent confusion about a few recent comments I have made on my postings. First off, even thought I have extensive knowledge and research in photography, I have no authority to speak for, or in association with The Center For Creative photography. I have NEVER been employed by the Center, but yet only a volunteer at the Center for a very short time, in hopes to learn more about the amazing field of photography and better my knowledge in the field. Over this time, I was able to learn abit about the amazing archives at the Center, but I do not have the knowledge nor the authority to speak or discuss about their current projects/collections or ANY other information that regards the Center. The comments I made were based on my own personal knowledge in photography, and not hard facts that came or could be associated directly from The Centers.
    My photography collection, and any sales of my collection and (personal photography) are in NO WAY related too the CCP’s collection, archives or database. My photography collection and/or sales should not be associated with or confused with the CCP’s collection, as they are in no way related. I am a photographer and collector, and knowledge of my collection is from my own personal research in photography, and should not be confused with the information and research done at The Center.
    I am truly sorry for any confusion this may have caused. If you have ANY questions regarding The Center Of Creative Photography, please contact them direct and not thru me. I do not have the authority and permission to respond to important questions regarding the CCPs collection, archives, current projects, or research. The Center is an amazing wealth of information, and anyone interested in learning more about them should visit the museum in person or contact them directly thru their website or the University.
    Also, On the topic of Adams and Weston’s unsigned prints and copy negatives, these photographers placed items such as these in the collection at the CCP in trust that they would NOT be circulated in the gallery/market world as “Fine prints”. The Center makes items such as these available for research and examining for people interested in learning more about Adams and Weston. These photographers did not make these prints to be sold as “fine art”, so I have realized that they should not have be treated and sold/displayed in this manor. Even thought they may be beautiful prints, I discourage now against using prints as these for “fine art” because the artist would not have wanted them used for that.
    Again, I am sorry for any confusion. Please do not reply back to me with ANY questions concerning the CCP, as I am not authorized to speak for or about the Center and I will no longer with serving them from this point on.
    Thank again,

Ryan McIntosh

Ansel Adams Fakes

So you fell into the hands of a lawyer................................................!
    Juergen

Ansel Adams Fakes

Juergen,
    No. Just conflict between myself and The Center For Creative Photography about my past vollenteer work that I have done for them. I did not have any athority to discuss matters regarding photography and the CCP. The comments by myself regarding the Center collection ect, should not have been made on my behalf, I appologize.

Thanks,

Ryan

Ansel Adams Fakes

Ryan,

Sorry, but your stories are so full of holes that they just don't hold any water. The fact that you're selling unsigned Ansel Adams prints which are identical to copy negatives you bought on eBay only weeks before is highly suspicious in its own right. On top of that, you tried to use your connections to CCP as a way of giving yourself and your transactions credibility. Then you back peddle and reveal that you don't really work there after all, you're just a volunteer. At worst, you're a liar and a thief, at best you have a serious conflict of interest considering the access you've had to the archives of these legendary photographers. Either way, you've done a discredit to the CCP and yourself in handling this the way you have. Your position at the CCP is irrelevant to my original post and your comments only served to take the focus away from the real issue here.

Another piece of advice, stop rambling and get to a point in your posts.

Ansel Adams Fakes

JIm,
    If you have solid proof that Ryan has commited a crime or in anyway infringed on some law you should contact the proper authorities. If he hasn't then what are you complaining about?

I have never met Ryan nor have I ever had any dealings with him.

Ansel Adams Fakes

Jim, I have already explained many things here on this chat room about the few prints from my collection that I sold. If you still dont believe me, or have a problem with me...I went ahead and contacted you personally to your email. I went ahead and forwarded you several attachments and images as well. Please feel free to contact me in person by email or phone you can call me so we can discuss this matter more. This whole thing has been a complete waste of time for me and has truly got taken out of hand. I dont want to cause anymore problems or situations so please just contact me in person and save my time of constintly checking this little chat room.
    I want this little situation settled right away, and it seems as thought you have a problem with me of some sorts, and keep dragging it on. So, please just reply back to me or call me okay so we can get this settled. I have school, work and other more important things to deal with then you trying to disagree with me about photographs that I sold and photographs that I own in my collection.

Thanks,

Ryan