Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are LF suppliers lazy or stupid?

Are LF suppliers lazy or stupid?

Lately and only very lately, have a couple of our suppliers 'popped up' here seeking business.

B&H and Ries come to mind.

They are both late, yet present.

Where is everybody else?

Custom camera makers are also obtuse, with their unfriendly websites and a complete lack of useful info on them.

Re: Are LF suppliers lazy or stupid?

Good question Randy, it is a bit of a puzzlement. Here we are a built-in audience, thirsty for information, and virtually no suppliers are interested. Are we too small a group to bother with?

Richard Wasserman

https://www.rwasserman.com/

It's you.

Gee, I have been on here for all those years until we went out of business! And Rod does pop up here from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by karl french View Post
    It's you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    Gee, I have been on here for all those years until we went out of business...
    +100.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Are LF suppliers lazy or stupid?

Lately and only very lately, have a couple of our suppliers 'popped up' here seeking business.

B&H and Ries come to mind.

They are both late, yet present.

Where is everybody else?

Custom camera makers are also obtuse, with their unfriendly websites and a complete lack of useful info on them.
    Lazy?**Stupid?**Obtuse?

--
    The views and opinions originally expressed above are solely those of the author...
    And do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions and/or positions -- Of other contributors to this forum.

We make no representation as to the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, suitability or validity of any 'said' information
    presented by individuals such as this... On this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    Gee, I have been on here for all those years until we went out of business! And Rod does pop up here from time to time.
    Recognized, and thank you!

multiplex

randy

i think some suppliers and businesses while they lurk online they don't
    really participate very often.

its was different years ago though i ron wisner used to participate from time to time
    and he would be hounded by customers who complained that xyz was wrong with the camera sold
    that said i remember on pnet when ron posted something years ago when he was still in business ..
    about how there was a customer who had a problem and he met him at the airport, hand delivered the camera
    as well as a box of film or something ...

then there are publishers and camera makers who used to be active ( are they suppliers as well ? ) the publisher of VC magazine used be
    active online ( and richard littman ) here and pnet, and get into brawls with people all-caps-wars &c because folks were
    dissatisfied with product or were aggressive ( and these suppliers were aggressive back, and then some ), kind of unbecoming of people i would ever
    want to give $$$ to for any sort of service / product and one of the reasons i unsubscribed & never bought their products.

i have to admit though, mr solomon and mr ritter and mr grimes ( RIP ) and a mr posner, and ms oster and mr galley, + catlabs + mr carnie
    are/were the opposite, ... pure class.

Perhaps they don't want to hang out with people who call them "lazy" and "stupid"?

Such negativity during the Holidays. Sigh...

Bruce Watson

I know a few who are makers/suppliers and they stay off the boards so they are not seen as trying to push their gear. With them it is a conscious decision.
    We have seen others who come on and then we read complaints that they are using the boards as free advertising.

Seems that they can't win no matter what they do.

Most I and friends know and have done business with are aware of the market and the forums. Most are involved in it as more than a business. Most value the customer and know many as friends. I respect their decision on whether to get involved. Guys like Bob Solomon and Bob Carnie and others are a resource to be treasured, not suppliers to bitch at.
    ” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

Well, Richard Ritter does show up from time to time, but I can understand why Keith Canham and Mike Walker don't generally bother with this board. However I have had direct responses from both of those gentlemen, which I valued a lot. In some cases, I have used that information when responding to other camera users with a similar issue on this board.