Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deardorff gone from eBay?

Deardorff gone from eBay?

The Deardorff company has been selling parts and pieces on eBay for some time. They are missing there now. For awhile there have been no parts from the company at all.

Is the company out of business completely?

I know with eBay if you ordered, paid and the product was not delivered you as a vendor would be cut off. Hope that is not what happened as the eBay route was an excellent way to get a lot of the smaller pieces and parts without having the hassle of trying to deal with the company directly.

Anyone know if Deardorff is still in business?

Re: Deardorff gone from eBay?

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    The Deardorff company has been selling parts and pieces on eBay for some time. They are missing there now. For awhile there have been no parts from the company at all.

Is the company out of business completely?

I know with eBay if you ordered, paid and the product was not delivered you as a vendor would be cut off. Hope that is not what happened as the eBay route was an excellent way to get a lot of the smaller pieces and parts without having the hassle of trying to deal with the company directly.

Anyone know if Deardorff is still in business?
    Willie: I met with Cochran's attorney in small claims court Tuesday. Although he would not come out and say it, I am guessing he is no longer in business, if my reading between the lines is correct.

Mixed feelings. I know a lot of people had a lot of issues with him, but it was very convenient to buy parts through Ebay, since at least the funds were safe if the order was not shipped.

I will say, that having seen his parts inventory, that only a fraction of it has been sold on eBay. I have no idea what he plans to do with his inventory, as I did not get a chance to speak with him. I would love to have some of the original blueprints, etc., that I saw.Very cool stuff!

Maybe he will sell the business???

Steve K

Quote Originally Posted by LabRat View Post

Steve K
    I've got $82 and a 74 Saab Sonnet. Wonder if that puts me at the head of the line?

Steve K
    Steve: When I met with him a year ago, he was more than willing to listen to serious offers, but it's obvious to me that such an offer hasn't been made. It's sad to think that this might be the end of the line for Deardorff cameras (except for the haters, of course).

Steve K
    If he has declared bankruptcy the trustee would sell off the assets. At that point the debtor has no choice, but he could offer the largest bid at the auction and win all the assets back without further debt.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodhoundbob View Post
    Steve: When I met with him a year ago, he was more than willing to listen to serious offers, but it's obvious to me that such an offer hasn't been made. It's sad to think that this might be the end of the line for Deardorff cameras (except for the haters, of course).
    The true Deardorff line ended when they sold everything to Mr. Cochran, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by djdister View Post
    The true Deardorff line ended when they sold everything to Mr. Cochran, in my opinion.
    +1. Agreed in full.