Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LF Users Group in LA

LF Users Group in LA

Is there a large format users group in Los Angeles?

Daniel Geiger

LF Users Group in LA

I don't know about a user group, but I live in the LA bassin (Thousand Oaks area: 101 towards border of Ventura county). Pretty new to LF myself (4x5 monorail, nature, landscape, color transparencies), but happy to interact with others. If you are interested, send me an e-mail off-line.

LF Users Group in LA

I'm in LA too, Venice to be specific. Though I dont actually shoot LF (I us MF), I have studied it a fair bit and plan to move to 4x5 as soon as I can afford to. I would love to get together with other like minded types.

LF Users Group in LA

I'm in Whittier, about 20 miles from LA.
    I am heading at the Bergamot Station tomorrow.

LF Users Group in LA

Mark, and anyone else who may be interested, you are not alone. There is a small group of us that also suffer from LFD (Large Format Disease). We live in the LA area from Simi Valley to Pasadena and down to Culver City, there are about a half dozen of us and we get together on a fairly regular basis to support each other. This disabilitating condition is highly contagious, I have knowingly infected others and it is my hope that more will fall victim in the future. It may be time to recognize the need to address this condition and form a support group. So that being said if there is anybody in the LA area that would be interested in forming a Large Format group, please drop me an email with your contact information and I will coordinate an initial meeting to get the ball rolling. We could meet informally and get to know each other, share information, prints and maybe plan a few outings; and see what goes on from there.

Greg

LF Users Group in LA

I live in L.A. too and got into LF less than a year ago. As addictions go, this one's a great one to have.

LF Users Group in LA

San Francisco, Is there anybody from this group that is base out of San Francisco or near by ...?
    I am currently in San Francisco.

LF Users Group in LA

Carlos, I'm in Roseville on the other side of Sacramento. (actually, I'm in Bedford, NH right now, but that's another story...) I should be home for a couple of weeks in June and am trying to plan a two day trip to the coast near Bodega Bay. I'm fairly new to LF having just started in early March, but I haven't seen my camera in three weeks and it's amazing how much I'm itching to use it.
    Drop me an email it you think you might want to get together. I travel a lot back and forth to the east coast, but right now it looks like June 4 and 5th I will be near you.
    Paul

P.S. sorry Mark for turning this into a Northern CA thing...

Re: LF Users Group in LA

I'm in Venice, and about to take the plunge into LF. Mostly 35mm, MF and 20 years of 35mm motion picture experience thus far. I'd love to get together with you guys some time.

Anthony Hardwick

Re: LF Users Group in LA

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Owens View Post
    Mark, and anyone else who may be interested, you are not alone. There is a small group of us that also suffer from LFD (Large Format Disease). We live in the LA area from Simi Valley to Pasadena and down to Culver City, there are about a half dozen of us and we get together on a fairly regular basis to support each other. This disabilitating condition is highly contagious, I have knowingly infected others and it is my hope that more will fall victim in the future. It may be time to recognize the need to address this condition and form a support group. So that being said if there is anybody in the LA area that would be interested in forming a Large Format group, please drop me an email with your contact information and I will coordinate an initial meeting to get the ball rolling. We could meet informally and get to know each other, share information, prints and maybe plan a few outings; and see what goes on from there.

Greg
    Greg, how is one supposed to emai you off board? I tried to, but apparently you've requested not to receive emails through this forum.