Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LFers in Mpls/St. Paul area

LFers in Mpls/St. Paul area

Welcome brook, Steve, and Jeff. I sent you guys an email. I'm preparing a list of everybody with their emails and can distribute this when everybody is accounted for.

Jack, too bad you're not here! Thanks for the tip on Interstate State Park. I think I've been there before, and it is beautiful.

LFers in Mpls/St. Paul area

Great Steve,
    Jack, I have some bad news foryou. Someone this spring used a hydrolic jack to push the top stone off of the Devils Chair, smashing it to pieces. Lots of folks are upset about this and a fairly sizeable reward has been offered to find the perpetrater. Jerks.

Re: LFers in Mpls/St. Paul area

Any Twin Cities using LF for portraits? I'm very interested in pursuing this but would love to shorten the learning curve by working with someone who's already been there.

Contact me via email or give me a call!

Mike Stewart
    Stewart Photography
    Bloomington, MN.
    952-270-2932

Andrew Moxom

I'm new to this board but live in Woodbury MN. Moved to MN from England back in 1994. I've been into small, medium, and large format photography since I lived in England. Got a used Wista and couple of lenses to start with from Robert White. Now have Canham 45 DLC and Mamiya 6 gear. Would like to know if anyone else is in my neck of the woods? I occasionally get out to 'Quarry Park' near St. Cloud where there is an interesting old quartz mine and some old mining hardware laying around. Taylors Falls, and Stillwater are other places I have taken shots of. I also get out to South Dakota to see the mother in law who lives in Belle Fourche. Get into the black hills and devils tower area when I can.

I realize that this is an ancient thread, but to add myself to the roll call in case something ever comes up again, I am south of the Cities in Rochester.

--Alan

Andrew Moxom

I made it out to Elk River / Dalbo MN area to take photos of old barns this morning. Felt good to get out and do this. Tons of photo opportunities are out there. It was a shame I could not spend the evening hours doing this. I might venture out again in the next few weeks if anyone in MN area is interested?