Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LFers in Mpls/St. Paul area

LFers in Mpls/St. Paul area

Are there any Large Format enthusiasts on this forum who live in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area? I'm up for getting together sometime, perhaps for a "shoot." I have 30 plus years of experience and could give some pointers to new users. At any rate, it would be fun just to find out who else is out there in the Twin Cities.

Muttley

Steve,

Minneapolis here. When do you think you might be here?

Another suburban Twin Citian here. An amateur who balances his interest in photography with a full time job, a wife and kids in grade school. In other words make it a quick meeting between work and soccer practice ( just kidding).

I'm in Lilydale. As a recent emigrant to the Mpls area, most of the area's photographic resources are as yet untapped, but I've been looking forward to going to a couple of the living history places in a few weeks' time after they thaw/open. I'm tentatively planning to hit the Kelley Farm on the 4th of June.

If we schedule some outings, I suspect that some of the Chicago contingent of the Midwest LF Asylum might be interested in motoring up as well, if we can tempt them with online photos of the location.

Hey, so far this is great!

Paul, I'm in St. Paul all the time. I live by West 7th and Randolph.

Dave, I too have scant time to shoot with a job and kids and home repairs etc.

Sidney, I'm right across the river! I do most of my shooting in Crosby Farm Park across the river from Snelling State Park and Lilydale. Those two areas end up in my shots half the time. That's the best place that's close because I usually only get an hour or two at a time for photography. Where's the Kelly Farm?

Lets wait for a few more responses and then I'll email you guys.

Steve

Kelley Farm is NW of the cities.

Ahh, Crosby Park, so that is how one gets down to the other side of the river. I can see people walking on the northern bank from my apartment, but I'd not yet figured out how to get down there. It is kind of embarassing that you say you photograph a lot in Lilydale, as I haven't really seen anything worth trying that close to home.

I am on the other side of St Paul on the St Croix River where I do most of my shooting. Funny to hear where you guys are talking about, I took my first riverine images in Hidden Falls Park several years ago. It lead to the kind of stuff I am doing today.

Hi -

I'm in Princeton - the extreme NW Corner of Twin Cities Metro. I mainly shoot 35mm but picked up a 4x5 kit about a year ago and have been slowing learning. I'd love to get together for a shoot and to learn for a master...

Steve Cook

I live in Brooklyn Park. Although I have never done any LF work, I would love to get into that aspect of the hobby. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to tag along on a get together and learn more about it.

Jeff

Used to live in the Twin Cities - boy do I miss it. You guys need to head to Interstate State Park near Taylors Falls and take some shots of the potholes!

Nothing remotely as cool as that here in Dallas.