Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help with low volume C41 processing

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

Re: help with low volume C41 processing

If you are comfortable with elementary math for chemistry (i.e., dimensional analysis) the liquid kits such as the Kodak C-41 chemistry is the way to go. If I am going to develop one roll of film or 10 sheets of 4x5, then I will mix just enough to do that one roll or 10 sheets. That way I don't waste and chemistry. But the clock is ticking on the developer when you purchase whether or not you open it or not. How to mix smaller volumes from concentrates is available on Kodak's website as well as what the concentrates should look like when good.

Thomas

Hi Thomas

unfortunately I cant seem to get hold of C41 liquid kits in Canada. B&H dont ship the replenishers. So it's powder blix kits only

Hi
    Thanks for all your comments. I hope you dont mind me asking some further advice?

I think I may have found a source for the kodak flexicolor chemicals (rather than the blix kits) and this is the route I really want to go down if I can
    I am just a bit confused as to which chemicals I need, kodak seem to have a few with subtly different names. (i.e. bleach III comes in replenisher and re-generator and part A & B)

I'll be doing about 10-20 sheets of 4x5 per month. I dont mind doing 'one shot' and dumping the chemicals after each use, but re-using would be better incase my supplier dries up.

I have the ability to store chemicals and want to preserve them as long as possible. could you advise on which parts to go for?

for example, is this lot sufficient or should I be looking at other components:

KODAK FLEXICOLOR Developer Starter / To make 17.75 gal (SKU# 1953009)
    KODAK FLEXICOLOR Developer Replenisher / To make 5 gal (SKU# 1919042)

KODAK FLEXICOLOR Bleach Starter / 1 gal bottle (SKU# 8566796)
    KODAK FLEXICOLOR Bleach III NR Replenisher / C-41, C-41B / To make 5 L (SKU# 1332634)

KODAK FLEXICOLOR Fixer and Replenisher / To make 25 gal (SKU# 1597392)

KODAK FLEXICOLOR Final Rinse and Replenisher / C-41 / To make 5 L (SKU# 8673170)

Old School Wayne

http://www.apug.org/forum/index.php?...et-them.79069/

Buried in that thread you'll find everything you need to know. Look for user BVY's posts if you don't want to read the whole thing.

Another thread that might interest you

http://www.apug.org/forum/index.php?...dology.142128/