Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: See you in Springfield?

See you in Springfield?

Who might I run into at the View Camera Conference in Springfield?
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

See you in Springfield?

Richard Ritter and I will be there, in a booth for Richard Ritter Large Format Repair and Restoration, Fine Focus Workshops, Western New England Large Format Photographers (I am nominal "king" of WNELFP, whatever that means...), and Circle of the Sun Productions.

Come sign up for WNELFP and be on our email list, even if you live in Hawaii. I do that with others just to keep abreast of what's happening in the world.

Richard has been building a prototype of a super light weight BIG camera. I have the pictures to prove it. He's thinking of taking orders to build them. If I remember correctly, it has user-interchangeable backs for different formats (which he may not have at the show, but he says they work, and since it's Richard I believe him.

And with any luck, we'll have copies of our first DVD video: "Camera Repair in the Field" starring Richard, where he pushes a Zone VI Field Camera over and smashes it on the ground in the first two minutes. Gotta have something broken before you can fix it! Then, he does! It's 57 minutes long, and chock full. How would you make an emergency ground glass in the field? Richard will show you. Richard is a star. He'll probably sign autographs if you ask him nicely...

Ted Harris has been doing a great job rounding up institutional sponsors for the WNELFP reception at the Valley Photographic Center Saturday evening from 5 to 8 (the more we get, the better the chow). The WNELFP show will be there (I'm helping Gene Laford hang it this weekend). The gallery is through the mall from the Marriott, conveniently located. It's a great, huge space. We hope to see everyone there.

Richard will also do a session, I think with Kerry Thalmann. I'm doing a "Special Session" that will consist of letting you go through my prints and choose your own favorite paper and developer combination (from the article series last year). This was a popular session in Monterey (I did it twice), and we'll repeat it this year for east-coasters. I have a few more papers to look at, including the new favorite. I'll probably bring the dry-down tests, too, to convince unbelievers.

Come see us!
    Bruce Barlow
    author of "Finely Focused" and "Exercises in Photographic Composition"
    www.brucewbarlow.com

See you in Springfield?

I am THRILLED that the conference is so close to home! I will be there, eagerly attending the full schedule of interesting sessions. It is a good chance to learn about things that I am not already familiar with, or that fall outside my usual areas of expertise. See you in a week!

Scott Davis

See you in Springfield?

I'll be attending, simply as an attendee, not a presenter. This will be my first time at the LF conference (sorry I missed it in Monterey last time!). I'm a LF enthusiast in the Washington DC area. Just got my first 8x10 and am having fun playing with it. Shortly after this conference, I'll be taking my Shen-Hao 4x5 out to the San Francisco area on vacation.

See you in Springfield?

Bruce,

That paper test was very enlightening the last time. I look forward to more surprises this time around!
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

See you in Springfield?

The conference is being held at the Marriott Hotel n Springfiel, MA. The dates are May 20-22. The conference activities, the trade show and seminars are up on the 6th foor. Check in for the conference is on the 6th floor anytime after 11am on Fiday the 20th.

There is at least one field trip leaing the hotel lobby at 9am on Fridy the 20th. Just show up with your gear and be eady to go.

For an updated program please go to

www.viewcamera.com

thanks

steve simmons

See you in Springfield?

I will be there all three days. I'll be the guy trying to sell my premo Zone VI. Maybe Richard would like to buy it to do a live demo smash. It would be for "Art" you know.

See you in Springfield?

I'll be there. I'm looking forward to the conference. Glad to see it on this coast for a change.

See you in Springfield?

I'll be there!

I know I haven't been too active on the board lately, with school and everything it's hard enough to find the time to work on my photography, let alone talk about it.

See you in Springfield?

I plan to attend and am looking forward to meeting people I know online but have never met in person. It's great to have it within several hours drive.

Linas