Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: B&H No Longer Shipping Chemistry

Re: B&H No Longer Shipping Chemistry

Quote Originally Posted by Taija71A View Post
    Henry, thank-you for that thread 'Update'. Greatly appreciated!
    --
    As one of your many 'Valued' Canadian Customers...

... I can only say that B&H has always 'Exceeded' my expectations with respect to; not only 'Stock Status' (*As per above),
    But also on 'Industry Leading' Fast Shipping and accurate, Order Fulfillment -- Along with competitive, Pricing and outstanding, Customer Service.
    --
    Like many others here on the Forum... I have dealt with B&H for longer -- Than I care to remember.
    B&H has always been... And still remains my #1 Supplier -- For all of my Photographic needs.
    --
    Keep up the 'Great Work' Henry and thank-you for the many, many years of 'Exemplary' Customer Service.

The hard work and dedication of the complete B&H Team is 'Without Peer'... And 'Does Not Go By Unnoticed!'
    It is truly, greatly valued and appreciated -- 'Day In and Day Out'.
    --
    Thank-you! Kind Regards,

-Tim.
    B&H has been one of my "go to" suppliers for decades. I've never had a single problem with them. Any business has its hiccups and misfires. I fully expect B&H to get this straight. They know on which side their bread is buttered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merg Ross View Post
    Likewise with me. I first used B&H in the 70's when they were mail-order. Always first-class in every facet of the operation; I'm with those who have had good experiences over the decades.
    Thank you B&H for supporting our niche in an age of disappearing suppliers; you can count on my continued support.
    Thank you. I appreciate this very much and will share it with others here. Just to reiterate, We have no intention of abandoning our traditional film clientele.

Good!

Quote Originally Posted by henryp View Post
    Thank you. I appreciate this very much and will share it with others here. Just to reiterate, We have no intention of abandoning our traditional film clientele.
    Tin Can

Lightbulb Re: B&H No Longer Shipping Chemistry

Quote Originally Posted by henryp View Post
    Just to reiterate, We have no intention of abandoning our traditional film clientele.
    Henry,

What you (and others) don't understand is that you are abandoning your clients as a consequence of your actions.

Almost 250 posts in this thread, and similar on APUG, should dramatically demonstrate that fact.

Significant changes in corporate policy are never made in a vacuum. Consequences MUST always be considered.

Your assertion that you don't ship via UPS ground has been proven false by several customers.
    Such a policy would be ridiculous. ALL shipments leave your warehouse by ground.

UPS and other vendors offer the option to mark a given shipment "ground only", specifically for hazmats.
    Adding a ground ship option would be a simple solution to the problem cited by numerous posters. .

- Leigh
    If you believe you can, or you believe you can't... you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred L View Post
    Just checked and TF-5 can't be added to the cart anymore Hopefully PF can ship this to Canada otherwise it's find another source.
    B&H just shipped my TF-4 to Canada. . . and will ship TF-5 to me as well.

There is select chemistry they will still ship (to Canada at least).

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
    ...Your assertion that you don't ship via UPS ground has been proven false by several customers...
    Let's try this again. It seems likely that, as part of its agreement with UPS which enables such deep discounts the merchant is able to offer free expedited shipping on orders over $49, B&H gives up the right to specify the exact mode of transportation UPS employs for any given order. In other words, UPS makes the determination of how to route parcels handed it by B&H.

In that scenario, B&H doesn't tender a box to UPS as a "Ground" shipment. It simply enters a parcel's information as "expedited" under its contract and UPS' software generates the label B&H then affixes to the box. Can any of the vociferous complainers grasp this concept?

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    I'm surprised Henry still has his job. He made major PR mistakes and stuck to his mistakes way too long...
    I'm not surprised at all. Henry has stoically suffered the wrath of those who blindly attack while continuing to deal with individual customers via private communications in a professional, effective manner.

In my opinion, the concept of "entitlement reform" ought be applied to anyone who thinks they have an inalienable right to know complete details of why and/or how internal business decisions are made. They don't. They can simply not patronize the business if they don't like or agree with the business' decision(s). To make attacks on the business without evidence is wrong and might even be actionable as slander. Taking deep breaths and displaying patience are in order.

Sal, he made a mistake. Your high brow defense is meaningless...
    I didn't say he didn't make a mistake. If the scenario I described is accurate, he made a mistake by not conveying it. However, you didn't say 'he made a mistake:"

I'm surprised Henry still has his job. He made major PR mistakes and stuck to his mistakes way too long...
    Bold added by me for clarity. I'm not sure what's 'high brow' about my post.

...I am not attacking, I am stating the obvious. Slander? Really? Is this how you silence others?
    I didn't say you were among the group who's attacked relentlessly and snidely. You're not. They, on the other hand, have continuously populated this thread with uncivil accusations of untruth without solid evidence. Henry might have failed to clearly communicate the root cause for changes at B&H, but I see no basis for concluding he lied.

I neither desire nor have the ability to silence anyone. Rather, I hoped my post would inspire those who've been acting badly to reconsider their approach. Flies, honey, vinegar and all that. It seemed worth a shot.

So it goes
    Tin Can

Drew Wiley

I'll merely recap what I just stated on the same subject over on APUG, since I work for analogous type of business, albeit only two more weeks after forty years here. And what I said is that 99% of the complaints come from 1% of the customers, who probably don't contribute even .01% of the sales anyway. So it works
    both ways.

And to further complicate the shipping picture, did you know:

"Both UPS and FedEx rely on the postal office for the back-end of their cheaper two- to seven-day delivery options, Smartpost for FedEx and Surepost for UPS. Amazon also uses the USPS and enlisted it for Sunday deliveries. The post office's Parcel Select service, launched in its current format in 2008, allows the companies to transport the packages the long distance themselves, then sort by ZIP Code and deliver to the local post office. The letter carrier takes it for the most expensive last leg of the delivery."

From the Wall Street Journal, August 4, 2014.

Unique Photo has seen a chink in B&H's marketing and public relations strategy and posted a new thread at APUG entitled "Unique Photo Still Deals in Film, Chemistry and Darkroom Equipment", so it seems things are heating up rather than cooling off.