Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: X-ray film from Z&Z Medical

Re: X-ray film from Z&Z Medical

I have also found that this film is very sensitive to acid stop baths....pinholes! I just use a water rinse. No more pinholes.

Old thread, but still timely...
    I just ordered some CSG 8x10 from Z&Z and it's worth noting that their shipping estimator gave me one amount. But the shipping cost at checkout was $4 higher for UPS ground. The chat link did not work, so I called to ask (as I'm on a tight budget these days). I was told that since my shipping address is a residential address, that accounted for the increased shipping. I didn't think UPS played that game, that it was a FedEx thing.
    But I totally believe UPS would do that after a couple of recent experiences with them where they were clearly lining their pockets.
    I will say the lady at Z&Z was very pleasant and helpful, although she did not offer to comp me the difference in shipping.
    Shipping beefs aside, I can't complain too much. $92 shipped for 200 sheets of 8x10 CSG was a lot more economical than 25 sheets of FP4 from B&H, despite free shipping from the latter.
    Just wanted to let the masses know of the shipping discrepancy ordering from Z&Z. Otherwise a positive experience so far.

UPS does it, too. When I shipped UPS the software has a box to check whether it was business or home.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Whitaker View Post
    Old thread, but still timely...
    I just ordered some CSG 8x10 from Z&Z and it's worth noting that their shipping estimator gave me one amount. But the shipping cost at checkout was $4 higher for UPS ground. The chat link did not work, so I called to ask (as I'm on a tight budget these days). I was told that since my shipping address is a residential address, that accounted for the increased shipping. I didn't think UPS played that game, that it was a FedEx thing.
    The UPS shipping software we use at work has a check box for residential address and it does raise the price by a few dollars. Z&Z's shipping estimator probably defaults to business delivery.