Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another DIY Rotary Film Processor

Re: Another DIY Rotary Film Processor

What developer are you using for 8x20?

Ron Miller

Quote Originally Posted by pound View Post
    thanks for the tip on keeping the drum level.
    I hv put up the Arduino sketch (code) on my blog. Be warned that I am no coder. I pieced the code from various sample codes and modified it to suit my needs.

http://sgwetplate.com/2016/11/arduin...ilm-processor/
    Just a side note if you ever want to produce more...using an ESP8266 (even a NodeMCU format) can be had for under $5 at this point and it's dropping. This gives you WiFi along with the ARduino libraries. All you do is change the board being used and the pins will need to change. But you get the Wifi as part of the ESP8266. Then you can hook up an OLED board for another $5. Or, the newest ESP chip (ESP32) can be had in the same NodeMCU format for around $10 and that will give you both WiFi and BLE 4.2 to choose from and from the Arduino IDE you use now. The BLE libraries are not completely there yet but within 6 months they should be. I am currently working with a Nordic nrf52832 with gives me BLE but not WiFi for my LF projects but they are expensive ($20) so I plan on shifting to the ESP32 when the bluetooth BLE libraries are "more" stable. And the ESP8266/ESP32 chip/board format is less than 1/2 the size of the UNO.
    The NodeMCU bord format will give you a USB to power it from your laptop for development. You can also buy the ESP8266 or ESP32 boards with a LIPO connector or even ones that have the battery right on the back of the board and you can read the battery voltage in code. With this, you can develop while connected to your laptop and then when in use, connect the LIPO and run off batteries. With WiFi onboard the chip, you can connect to your phone and display data in an app or send it to a server.

Sorry for butting in here, it's a cool project. I've been knees deep in C/C++ code on my project and thought I would add my pennies worth since I may produce my components in small quantities for testing on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Whitaker View Post
    What developer are you using for 8x20?
    I use HC110 dilution B for my FOMA (2 sheets of 8x10 ) or Shanghai 8x20 film.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gevalia View Post
    Just a side note if you ever want to produce more...using an ESP8266 (even a NodeMCU format) can be had for under $5 at this point and it's dropping. This gives you WiFi along with the ARduino libraries. All you do is change the board being used and the pins will need to change. But you get the Wifi as part of the ESP8266. Then you can hook up an OLED board for another $5. Or, the newest ESP chip (ESP32) can be had in the same NodeMCU format for around $10 and that will give you both WiFi and BLE 4.2 to choose from and from the Arduino IDE you use now. The BLE libraries are not completely there yet but within 6 months they should be. I am currently working with a Nordic nrf52832 with gives me BLE but not WiFi for my LF projects but they are expensive ($20) so I plan on shifting to the ESP32 when the bluetooth BLE libraries are "more" stable. And the ESP8266/ESP32 chip/board format is less than 1/2 the size of the UNO.
    The NodeMCU bord format will give you a USB to power it from your laptop for development. You can also buy the ESP8266 or ESP32 boards with a LIPO connector or even ones that have the battery right on the back of the board and you can read the battery voltage in code. With this, you can develop while connected to your laptop and then when in use, connect the LIPO and run off batteries. With WiFi onboard the chip, you can connect to your phone and display data in an app or send it to a server.

Sorry for butting in here, it's a cool project. I've been knees deep in C/C++ code on my project and thought I would add my pennies worth since I may produce my components in small quantities for testing on the forum.
    Thanks for sharing. This is new to me. I think it would be nice to have an app to store the different development time for different film and send it to processer. I will look into it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I finally made a version 2 of it. I shifted the wheels to below the drum and use a stronger wiper motor instead. I have not complete the electronic portion of it so now it is basically a ON/OFF unit with no direction or timing control.

Take a look at this video if you need some ideas on how to make a rotary processor for up to ULF. Hope you can understand my English.
    Last edited by pound; 30-Apr-2020 at 22:16.