Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Deardorff gone from eBay?

Re: Deardorff gone from eBay?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    If he has declared bankruptcy the trustee would sell off the assets. At that point the debtor has no choice, but he could offer the largest bid at the auction and win all the assets back without further debt.
    Bob, I'm not sure if he has declared bankruptcy, as the conversation with his attorney was limited to resolving the issue of the money that he owes me. One of my thoughts before I went to court was that he might have done so and that I would be unable to collect. At any rate, we did work out an agreement for me to be paid, which the judge ratified.

I would bid on the business if it were up for sale. I need something to do in retirement....

Quote Originally Posted by bloodhoundbob View Post
    Bob, I'm not sure if he has declared bankruptcy, as the conversation with his attorney was limited to resolving the issue of the money that he owes me. One of my thoughts before I went to court was that he might have done so and that I would be unable to collect. At any rate, we did work out an agreement for me to be paid, which the judge ratified.
    If he had declared bankruptcy then he probably could not have been taken to small claims court as you have an unsecured debt with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    If he had declared bankruptcy then he probably could not have been taken to small claims court as you have an unsecured debt with him.
    That was my thinking, as well. All I know is that he has a ton of inventory that I hope does not go to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Meisburger View Post
    I would bid on the business if it were up for sale. I need something to do in retirement....
    Barry asked too much about selling Deardorff 3 years ago. He said that he won't run the business and wanted to make the Deardorff cameras quietly.

Pity about Deardorff & Barry, as a fellow said: a mixed feeling~

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1477784919906.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	156747

通过我的 VIE-AL10 上的 Tapatalk发言
    Sometimes love just ain't enough.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pierre506/sets/

I haven't followed this story very closely. But could it be a case like, say, Ron Wisner, where the new owner of Deardorff was a good camera builder and a terrible businessman? The complaints I've read here seem to mirror the customer-service problems people reported having with Wisner before he closed up his business and went sailing.

I spoke to Barry Cochran briefly tonight about his possibly selling the business. Anyone who is seriously interested please contact me by PM.

Bob

Would be nice to see someone buy the stock and continue to sell parts. Buying the business usually means assuming all debts and obligations, right? That seems crazy in this situation.

Hi Bob,
    I met Jack in very early '80's at the factory when I was constructing cameras on my own.
    I'd be interested in taking up the baton...
    Whit

I'm pleased that I was able to get three upgrades for my camera: the top lensboard strip; the bottom lensboard latch mechanism; front swing update. One was nip and tuck, as I had to open a case. But, I missed out on getting a base plate. (Shucks.)