Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Deardorff gone from eBay?

Pete Oakley

Re: Deardorff gone from eBay?

I know that Cochran owes Custom Bellows a lot of money.
    Pete.

Barry isn't communicating with me these days, no doubt due to my court action with him. I know others have talked to him about obtaining the business from him. The only advice I can give at this point is to contact him at his cell number and take it from there.

While I had an extended, but ultimately successful struggle getting delivery on my most recent purchase, I view my overall interaction w/Barry as positive. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to update my camera as I did.

In addition to the camera parts, I purchased from Barry a complete, mint sheet of Deardorff stamps issued by the Post Office, plus a commemorative stamped, postmarked, first day of issue envelope. Kind of neat.

Quote Originally Posted by neil poulsen View Post
    While I had an extended, but ultimately successful struggle getting delivery on my most recent purchase, I view my overall interaction w/Barry as positive. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to update my camera as I did.

In addition to the camera parts, I purchased from Barry a complete, mint sheet of Deardorff stamps issued by the Post Office, plus a commemorative stamped, postmarked, first day of issue envelope. Kind of neat.
    At the risk of causing some thread drift here, getting those stamps is pretty nifty, especially the first day of issue. Themed "Photography USA", this stamp was issued in 1978. I have a recollection of reading, in a photography magazine no less, a complaint that the stamp showed an "antique camera." Not only was the camera shown still being made in the USA, the lens on it, a gold rim Dagor, was also made in USA, albeit earlier than 1978.

David

Quote Originally Posted by David Lindquist View Post
    At the risk of causing some thread drift here, getting those stamps is pretty nifty, especially the first day of issue. Themed "Photography USA", this stamp was issued in 1978. I have a recollection of reading, in a photography magazine no less, a complaint that the stamp showed an "antique camera." Not only was the camera shown still being made in the USA, the lens on it, a gold rim Dagor, was also made in USA, albeit earlier than 1978.
    Both the stamp and first day covers are widely available inexpensively from dealers in US stamps. It's Scott #1758, for anyone who wants to search for it.

Quote Originally Posted by David Lindquist View Post
    At the risk of causing some thread drift here, getting those stamps is pretty nifty, especially the first day of issue. . .
    I sure agree. It was designed in the USA, widely sold in the USA, and widely used in the USA. I think of it as the classic, American camera.