Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New55 Color has begun

Re: New55 Color has begun

Or, you could just use FP100c and get a color negative now - most folks who use fp100c do so. It's not exactly hard or uncommon to do so...

Vince Donovan

Quote Originally Posted by EdSawyer View Post
    Or, you could just use FP100c and get a color negative now - most folks who use fp100c do so. It's not exactly hard or uncommon to do so...
    FP100c is no longer available in 4x5, and the pack version was discontinued last year, so it too will eventually disappear from the shelves.

Yes, why support something that has been discontinued??

Wel Fuji FP100c negative was not intended to be reclaimed. With the New55 Color hopefully we will get a colornegative material that can be processed on the spot with room temperatures. And it is not being made anymore. You should buy FP100c while it is still available. It will take quite a while for packfilm to come back if that is going to happen. Therefor it is imperative to support this kickstarter to make it happen. But you can do both. Support New55 and buy FP100c.
    Stupid questions deserve stupid answers.
    allthingsanalogue.weebly.com
    http://www.new55project.com

Fp100c is still available new, now. Why support it? Why not? It's easily the best product, still almost reasonably priced. Enjoy it while it lasts before worrying about something else which will not only be lesser quality (at least initially) and more expensive but also uses the kludgy, wretched, 545 holder/system.

The nice thing about the fp100c negative is you can let it dry, and reclaim it later, no problem, even a year or more later. will new55 color allow that? I'd be surprised.

Fp100c is going to to be the best color instant option for at least the next 5 years, or more, so may as well enjoy it while it lasts. It's sad, but I'll be surprised if pack film ever gets re-invented/becomes available again.

Supporting new55: I'll do that when they have a good product to sell. Prior to that, no.

And it's not like someone else couldn't also put together an effort to resurrect color instant/pack film, so I'd say it's hardly imperative to support this kickstarter.

-Ed

If there is someone with a couple of million on the bank account sure. Other than that I would bet on it :-). But it is your good right not to support it. With the New55 Color negative there is nothing to reclaim. As far as I know it does not need to be fixed. But why would you want to wait untill all the FP100c is gone begore starting to make a new version of packfilm? Isn't it smarter to start working on a replacement now so by the time the FP material is gone the replacement film will be as good as FP100c is now? Short term thinking.

Those are valid points, I agree the time to start is now. But in the meantime, I will continue to use FP100c as long as possible (since not only is it available, cheaper, and a better material, but I already have a body of work using it) so maybe when that is gone, new55 color might be ready.

:-) that's way I said you can do both. But I do understand your points as well. You can only spend your dollar/euro/pound once.

One more week to gather the remaining 310.000 dollars. It seem people are not to keen on 4x5 colorfilm or a possible future for packfilm...too bad

This is now it went for B/W New 55
    https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-bePAf9jpg...0/OldKick.tiff

Nearly $350K from other sources.

I hope that happens again, as based on kickstarter pledges alone it won't happen.
    Everything should be tried once, except incest and folk dancing.