Thread: Who's else take LF in Chicago !!

Who's else take LF in Chicago !!

Hey everyone,

By far, I live in Chicago. I've been taking LF here for 4 years and I didn't have any "Photography friends" who can share information with. It's might be good to have some group of friends who can go to take picture. My girlfriend, she seem didn't like to take a trip with me because she have to wait in the car while you ran out to take picture... Mannn..

I don't know anyone have this kind of problem. I feel like if you're taking a picture alone, you didn't have anything to compare or to share with. Also, you didn't know how far you go by only your pictures. If anyone lives in Chicago or nearby, we might group together for a trip.. should be nice.. or if you guys have a group already, can you guys let me join your group too.

Cheers,
    Ten.

Hey Varakan -

I'm in Chicago - love the looks I get running around the loop with a 4x5 on a tripod...

there is a Midwest largeformat group (asylum) that does do local trips from time to time...

www.midwestlargeformat.com/

It has an email list serve that can get pretty active. Well worth it.

Feel free to shoot me an email from time to time, if you like.

Cooollllll... I'm Jion innn..
    Thanksss,

I'm in Plainfield about 40 - 45 minutes from Chicago (southwest). I'll be available when I finish my camera. I have been waiting for two months to get some metal parts made. The guy is so busy I don't think he wants to mess with my small order. I'll post something when it is done.
    chris

Nice to meet you Chris. Whenever you're ready.. I plan to have a trip on mid June during weekend, but don't know where yet.. If your camera is done by that , we may join then.

Please contact me at
    ten@tenstudio.com

Cheers man,
    Ten.

HI,
    I am in Milwaukee and an early associate of the Midwest Large Format Asylum. I shoot in Chicago quite a bit..Evan

Nice to meet you Ron and Evan,

Now, I know why I didn't see much people take LF in Chicago...hahha.. seem so rear here...LOL

I would like to contact everyone here, also would like to go shoot around once a month (if not too much for you guys, but I'm always out once a month... at lest). I'll research and inform you guys next week if any one have a nice location please tell me too.

Normally, I love almost every kind of shooting. So far, I like architectural shot and landscape.
    I'll contact you guys by email and will plan the date later.

Cheers,

I'm in faar nw burbs(Huntley) but would be willing to meet up in Chicago or elsewhere.

Mike Buehler