Thread: Technika light trap

Technika light trap

I've recently acquire a Linhof TechV, and it appears that the light trap material has been removed (or fallen off) from the back of the camera. After removing the focusing hood frame to get a good look at the surface of the back that mates with the film holder, I see adhesive residue in the channels of the back, but no felt.

Along the short edge of the back where the holder gets inserted, there is a recessed channel around 4mm wide; along the long edges of the back there are recessed channels around 8mm wide; and on the far short edge of the back there's a recessed channel around 12mm wide. All of these channels around the periphery of the back seem to be right where the film holder seats.

Can any of you Technika owners verify for me that there's supposed to be some sort of light-trap felt glued into some or all of these recessed channels?

Thanks!

Scott

Technika light trap

With the back oriented in the horizontal position, filmholder inserted from the right side--there should be velvet light trap material on the top, bottom, and left hand grooves.

There should be no velvet in the channel on the right side where the lock rib on the filmholder seats in the back.

All metric sizes to 24x30 Ole Tjugen's Avatar

Technika light trap

I had a persistent light leak in my Linhof Color (monorail with Technika back) a while ago, and finally traced it to missing felt along one side. A trip to the nearest fabric store and five minutes with glue fixed that problem.