Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dagor77

Dagor77

Hello,

Has anyone had a problem with an eBay seller called Dagor77? I bought a lens and paid for it just after the bid closed. That was last month. I have since recieved items from all over the country including Canada and still I wait. I emailed and no answer and still I wait. Any similar problems?

Curt

Dagor77

Never. I wouldn't get too worked up. Whatever the problem is, Andrew would likely drive it to your house once resolved.

Dagor77

Hello Curt,

I have purchased from the man in the past with nothing but praise for the experience. I do know email may be a bit slow but that was all. I might suggest sending an "Ask the Seller" a question type mail and see if that might help???

Not much help but last I heard he was preping for his annual mountain walk about with a camera or two?

Paul

Dagor77

I've had several eBay transactions with Andrew and would not hesitate in the least to purchase from him. In fact, I have every confidence in him and he is probably at the absolute top of my list of sellers. Good stuff, delivered promptly and he's friendly and helpful with some interesting auctions and descriptions to boot.

As Paul has mentioned, he was preparing to take a trip to the mountains and in the last auction of his I checked, gave the dates when he would be gone along with a caution about shipping goods and the shipments possibly being delayed around that time. He always does this to keep bidders informed, especially on his annual trek to Scotland. You might check the auction description again to see if he has mentioned the timeframe or a trip.

I wouldn't worry about the transaction. Try contacting him again.

Dagor77

I've dealt with him on two ebay transactions, and he came through just fine. There was a slight problem with delivery of an 8x10 ground glass--he said it broke during being packed up, and at the time he didn't have any others to replace it with, to please bear with him while he had some more made.
    After about another week, when my package arrived from him, it not only had one ground glass, but two. He said it was for my having to wait the extra time. What a guy!

I'd definitely be patient with him. He's honest, and one of the best sellers on ebay, IMO. Definitely the best description writer out there, although the jury's still out on his use of the Barbie dolls "modeling" the Artar lenses. ;-)

DG

Dagor77

I had a question on a lens he was selling. He said something about being gone for two weeks. He sells so many items, it's probably hard to coordinate some items with travel.

Dagor77

You will have no problem with Andy. Keep the faith and email him. He is a true gentleman and at worst it may be an oversight on his part not having shipped the item out when getting ready for his fishing trip. I have purchased numerous items, both on and off ebay from him, and have never had a worry.

Dagor77

Curt,

Let me say that you have absolutely NOTHING to worry about!

Dagor77 is one of the most honest sellers on e**y I've ever encountered.

FWIW... there's probably a perfectly reasonable explanation for the delay.

Be patient. He's not going to let you down!

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!

Dagor77

Everyone, I just got an email from Andrew aka Dagor77 , who said he shipped the lens yesterday. I've been burned recently, a couple of times, and am a little gun shy. The purchase was so far down the list I figured something was wrong. Maybe it's that most of the people selling are so prompt that if a seller is slow you think somethings wrong.
    Thanks, Curt

Dagor77

I have you down as winning a lens on the 21st April, what lens did you win a month ago? I've searched but haven't found any. Some things do slip through the cracks I must admit, as perfect as I like to think I am I am again reminded I'm not :-) No problem, we'll get it sorted out!

CP Goerz AKA Dagor77.

PS:Thanks for the kind words everyone!