Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Drum Scanning Service?

Re: Best Drum Scanning Service?

Quote Originally Posted by jasonst View Post
    Hello,
    I also want to buy Epson but still confuse about the printer. I also want to print large image with super clearity but drum scanning is not so clear as epson. I personally feel that epson is good against drum scanner.....
    I have been using the Epson V800 for months now and I have been very pleased with the results. I scan at 16bit grayscale at 2400DPI. This gets me a working file of about 52x62 at 360 DPI which is the native resolution of my 44" Epson 9880. Hope this helps. Thanks!

Re: Best Drum Scanning Service?

Quote Originally Posted by jasonst View Post
    Hello,
    I also want to buy Epson but still confuse about the printer. I also want to print large image with super clearity but drum scanning is not so clear as epson. I personally feel that epson is good against drum scanner.....

I am sorry, I personally think you need to show how you came to that conclusion. There is no way in the world the epson is remotely close to the drum scan. When I was scanning 8x10s on the 750, the MOST I would go is 16x20. The drum scan will easily go to 60" inches without breaking a sweat. I am scanning really really good 2 1/4s to 60"x60" and there is no way you could make a decent 16"x16" print from an Epson flat bed scan of these. Anyone who says otherwise hasn't seen a good drum scan. If you'd like me to prove it contact me privately and maybe i'll have you send me a negative.
    Personal Site http://www.richardboutwell.com
    Black and White Aesthetics, Editing, and Printing http://www.BWMastery.com