Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th Annual Meet and Greet! It's at a new Venue!

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

5th Annual Meet and Greet! It's at a new Venue!

The time has come once again. Tri Tran, Hugo Zhang and myself invite you!!

Fellow photographers, friends and guests, Join us on Sunday November 13, 2016.

This “Meet and Greet” is a wonderful opportunity for photographers to show case their work and exchange ideas on photography equipment and images. This is our fifth year and let's see what this year brings. We have tables available and five have been reserved already. There will be additional tables available and I'll have more information on this on Monday. If we can get 12 tables reserved we will have covered the cost of renting the room, well almost. If we can't get that many tables I may need to ask for a donation to cover the cost. The room is $60.00 per hour and there are some fees etc. If you wish to rent a table the cost will be $40.00. This is a first come first served event. To reserve please contact me via private message, or jimfitzgerald101@hotmail.com. I just found the location late on Friday thanks to Ghostcount, Thanks Randy! This is a new venue in Anaheim Ca. Tri is going to check it out tomorrow and like I said I'll update everyone. I have to make the deposit and get all of the details on Monday. They are holding the room for me until Monday so if you wish a table let me know.

We will have the room from 9AM to 5Pm on Sunday November 13, 2016. Since this is a new venue we have to be aware of a couple of things. We cannot advertise that we are selling! So we need to keep this part quiet and amongst ourselves. Spread the word by all means let's just don't be blatant about it. If we were to advertise it as a selling show I'd have to get an Anaheim business license, etc. etc. etc. and the costs would go out of sight. So we are having an art show and camera show.

You are welcome to show and sell your work or equipment just be smart about it.

Set up time for those of you with tables is 9 AM sharp! Please be on time. There will be no set up after the meeting starts.

Time and Location:
    Sunday November 13, 2015
    9:00 –5:00 pm
    Brookhurst Community Center
    2271 W. Crescent Ave.
    Anaheim, CA 92801
    714-465-3373

Jim Fitzgerald contact info: Cell 818-378-3919

Don't ask me where it is please. This is why we have google and besides if June and I can find it, we are coming from Vancouver Washington btw, anyone should be able to.

Event details:

Chamonix Cameras will have a table and you can speak to Hugo if you are interested in any of Chamonix's products.

Jim Fitzgerald will have his carbon transfer prints on display and will discuss camera building for those who may be interested.

Large and Ultra Large Format cameras plus a variety of soft focus lenses will be on display. Some may be for sale!

Traditional silver gelatin, platinum and carbon transfer prints, Ambrotypes and Tintypes will also be available for purchase.

A discussion of alternative printing techniques and the use of film and x-ray films will be part of the activities.

The program consists of the following:

• 9:30 – 10:00 am – Introduction and welcome.

• 10:00 _ 5:00 pm _ Prints exhibition by the Artists.

Photographers are welcome to show their portfolio to collectors who may wish to purchase their work or to share their work with other artists. Please invite anyone who wishes to see and/or purchase work. For those who wish to shoot portraits, please let me find out about this. I know several of you may wish to do some wet plate work and I'll have to find out about this. So stay tuned.

Light refreshments will be served. Also, bring some food to share. We can not have alcohol as this will be a big problem for me if we do. Again this is a new venue so let's see how it goes.

This is always a fun and educational event. We have had a great turn out in the past for the event and we hope that we see some new faces along with old friends at this event.

I will add information to this post as ideas evolve. This has always been a nice informal event so if you are new to the area and want to see some wonderful images and people who love what they do please join us.

Thanks

Re: 5th Annual Meet and Greet! It's at a new Venue!

Thats good news Jim, I will be there and rent a table.

Mike

Mike, thanks. I've got you down.

Provided that I heal up well, I should be there this year. Hope to see you then Jim.

R/
    Dave

I will take a table I suppose - I've been to this place many, many times back in the l camera show circuit days

Hello Dave, if you make it over there I will try to bring some prints from the Mineral King outing. Have not been doing any printing this summer due to the heat.

Just confirming that Ken Wright and I will be there once more, along with some equipment for perusal, possibly including my personal Korona 7x17.

Jim Noel

Dave, get better soon. Dr. Tang I've got you on the list.

So here is an update:

I managed to get us a larger room! We will be in the West MP room. This room is 2,450 square feet about 1,000 sf. bigger than the previous room. It opens to a patio which will be nice for portraits. We will have plenty of room for tables. I have 7 committed so far. Jim F., Tri, Hugo, Mike Clark, Robert Oliver, Jim Noel and Ken, and Dr. Tang. So we need 5 more to pay for the room. Now let's get the word out. This is a great opportunity to see some fine art work and talk to some wonderful artists, maybe even pick up some gear or some prints. I will be adding more info as needed so thanks everyone.

Montreal , Canada. Los Angeles, California

2 more tables for Mrs Sue Cong and Peter Pham.

Montreal , Canada. Los Angeles, California

We are happy to announce that Aztek , www.aztek.com
    Scanners and printers will be among the exhibitors. Thanks Evan Lippincott