Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moderator removed my digitiler thread

Re: Moderator removed my digitiler thread

Yes, things have been getting a little strange around here recently.

We're not against anything new, as long as it fits the forum guide lines.

Voted 1 star.
    "Sex is like maths, add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the whoo hoo and hope you don't multiply." - Leather jacket guy

On a forum I once participated on (heavily moderated...a whole different type of crowd than here), the stomping-of-feet, I-am-leaving posts were totally banned...an immediate delete. Who needs the negativity?

Sorry Michael, that the LFPF did not meet your expectations as a venue for you to share in. I would not suggest APUG, either, although its sister's site, DPUG would be a great match. And of course, if you have any questions, answers, or comments about view cameras that do not directly relate to small format digital (or film) capture, they will be welcomed here...and you can share your images in the "other" categories.

Multiple small format images taken via a LF camera is not a new idea. However, from your website it appears that you have done a great job of adapting it to small format digital capture and stitching. I have seen some well done bigger-than-bedsheet prints from stitched images (Gigapan?) and I can understand how creating them via a view camera would make it easier to maintain consistent perspective and have more the look of an LF image. Good luck!
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Nobody said the technology didn't work, or that if couldn't produce art. As stated in my PM to the OP, it merely does not meet our definition of large format. OP: Please post images (not links to a commercial site) in the "everything else" image threads, where we allow images made using smaller formats.

Rick "thread closed" Denney