Thread: "New" camera - NOT Ebony!

"New" camera - NOT Ebony!

Check this out for a portable camera just appeared on the AUCTION site!http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7511528103&fromMakeTrack=true

Paul, that camera looks like the nuts, provided that the focusing mount isn't a spray-painted plastic Graflex XLR focusing mount. If they copied the Graflex mount in metal then it beats the Cambo and others hands down - simple and cheap, and it does away with the PITA expensive manufacturer-made focusing mounts.

I may just have a go at it myself...

Sort of like the Fotoman 45PS (www.fotomancamera.com - but the site's obviously not finished).

I'd want to know if they have an office, dealers, support, etc. in my country before I'd buy one.

The camera is intriguing no doubt about it. Some details of the description even more - what are those "Carl Zeiss" lenses it can accept?? But for someone who knows what he wants and it corresponds to his needs it's surely a way to go. The point with these "new" cameras is that it is very well possible to go around the big ones (manufactures) and get a solid camera that does what one wants for much less bucks . Fotoman is one example and this specimen yet another.

I find the prices these things are selling for interesting, given the lens that's included. Am I missing something here? It seems like it'd be worth it even if you didn't want the camera.

Well, don't bid it up!