Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Night-Vision tools in the darkroom ?

Re: Night-Vision tools in the darkroom ?

I wrote an extensive article on this process on the Michael and Paula Azo forum in 2004 that you can search for yourself. The scopes have changed, but the conclusions are still valid.

Just to put things into perspective. A while back there was a guy on APUG that built a box that would hold a clear glass baking dish that he developed his negatives in. Below the dish he placed a number of IR LED's banks to illuminate the developing negatives from below and swore that he could not see any averse consequences. I told him to develop an unexposed negative in total darkness and compare it from the one in his homemade IR from the bottom deal over a light table if he did not have a densitometer. Just about this time his posts on this specific technique to develop sheet film seemed to stop.

One other thing. I also put a black patch over the non-viewing eye to keep the If bouncing around the room from affecting the opposite eye. Cost me $1.50 at Walgreens. Better safe than sorry.

Cheers!

Update: My ATN Viper finally bit the dust after 8 years of use, so I purchased another one.

These days, I figure 8 years of use is reasonable for a low-end piece of electronics equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Lee View Post
    Update: My ATN Viper finally bit the dust after 8 years of use, so I purchased another one.

These days, I figure 8 years of use is reasonable for a low-end piece of electronics equipment.
    Knock on wood. My Argus is still going strong after nine years and probably a dozen battery replacements. I use it regularly for film development and film holder loading.

Michael, per your post #60 it seemed you did not like the fogging your IR device created.

Now you say you still use it.

Are there safe for film ways to use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post
    Knock on wood. My Argus is still going strong after nine years and probably a dozen battery replacements. I use it regularly for film development and film holder loading.
    Tin Can