Page 15 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Hiking Photos - Any Format

Re: Post Your Hiking Photos - Any Format

Quote Originally Posted by tgtaylor View Post
    At Trail Crest on the JMT I ran into a popular elderly gentleman in either his late 70' or early 80's universally known as "The Green Turtle" - a moniker he gave to himself because a turtle was the only thing slower on the trail then he was. Thomas
    My parents backpacked into their early 60s, getting to the top of Mt Whitney (approached from the west) when they were 60. My Mom's trail name was Leaping Turtle -- She did not like being on anything (logs over creeks, etc) higher than a turtle could leap.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Mount Rainier area, M7II, 100TMX

Mt. Rainier From Tolmie Peak by tuco, on Flickr

North Face of Blanca Peak, Sangre de Cristo Mountains, Colorado. An old scan of an even older Kodachrome slide.

Snowpatch Spire from the valley below Conrad Kaine hut, The Bugaboos, Purcell Mountains, British Columbia, Canada

Arca Swiss F Line Field 4x5, Schneider Super Symmar 80mm XL, Lee Polariser, Fujichrome Provia RDP 100
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 30234663650_960cb5f120_h.jpg  

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

Elk Herd - Eastern Sierra Nevada.

While driving north from Lone Pine on US 395 early one morning after a hike, I spotted this heard on the opposite side of the highway and made a U-turn. The slowest shutter speed permissible wasn't sufficient to freeze all motion.

Pentax 67II, 300mm lens.

Village Street - Southern France

http://spiritsofsilver.com/yahoo_sit...3611_large.jpg

One of the many pluses of bicycle touring is that you can pull of the road and tour a village that looks interesting and have your wheels with you. This is a street view in a very artsy looking small village in southern France about one or two days ride from the border with Spain. After touring the village, I stopped for an ice cream and soda break at an outdoor cafe directly across from the Hotel de Ville.

Pentax K1000, RA-4 machine print on Agfa paper.

Thomas

Though a senior citizen now, as an old landscape photographer did a great deal of hiking this year including 4 backpacking trips and many road and day trips. The following is from Death Valley National Park during the wildflower Superbloom this spring, an 8 image frame 12400 x 9600 pixel 4 column 2 row stitch blend focus stack blend of 51 images with my 24 megapixel A6000 with Sigma 60mm DN lens atop a Nodal Ninja MK3 II panoramic head. Processing with Kolor Autopano and Adobe Photoshop CS6.

To read more about the image and that specific trip select Page 3 on this Contents page link below of my landscape and nature work this year:

http://www.davidsenesac.com/2016_Trip_Chronicles

A second image. The below landscape is from Kings Canyon National Park on September 9, 2016. Dusy Basin image of Isosceles Peak with Thunderbolt Peak and North Palisade in the background. In the foreground is dwarf bilberry, leaves of which turn reddish purple in the High Sierra late summer. My fourth backpack of the summer. I first shot this peak in 1986 with a 35mm SLR and that small image is still the marquee image for that peak at www.summitpost.org. A 6 image frame 9600 x 10200 pixel 3 column 2 row stitch blend focus stack blend of 31 images with my 24 megapixel A6000 with Sigma 60mm DN lens atop a Nodal Ninja MK3 II panoramic head. Processing with Kolor Autopano and Adobe Photoshop CS6:

To read more about the image and that specific trip select Page 15 on this Contents page of my landscape and nature work this year:

http://www.davidsenesac.com/2016_Trip_Chronicles

A Desert Bouquet - Anza-Borrego Desert State Park, California.

http://spiritsofsilver.com/yahoo_sit...1900_large.jpg

Pentax 67II.

Thomas

Drew Wiley

You're making me homesick again, David. I was pretty much all over the Silver Divide in my teens, and the first person ever up Isaak Walton, despite the Sierra
    Clubbers making their claim ten years later by ignoring my cairn. Doubt they were ever up there - from their description, probably did the easier and slightly lower "Old Isaac Walton" further down the main ridge. I spent four days in my Bibler tent in a blizzard at Mott Lk about five years ago, though the storm cleared long enough for a German party to make it up Isaac Walton via my original descent route. Of course, the real gem up there is that stunning granite face of Pk 11212, another peak I damn near peed my pants free-climbing (from the glacier in Grinnel Basin - now gone, not up the face); but someone legitimately beat me to that one! I only had time for one trip this year, to the quiet SE corner of Yosemite, including the Lyell Fork. Lots of red and yellow groundcover already in late August. Where the reds go absolutely insane are in the Dinkey Wilderness in early Oct - rather easy hiking compared to the Palisades etc.